Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in a Sprouting Melodies 3 session and Family Sprouts sessions

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – April 2013 Week 8 Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in a Sprouting Melodies 3 session and Family Sprouts sessions

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Emily Seymour

Participant

Family Sprouts:
      1. Instrument Exploration   
      2. Hello/ Gathering: Hey Everybody (EKS).  
      3. Body Percussion: All of this is me (EKS). 
      4. Lap Ride: Hold On Tight (EKS). 
       5. Instrument Play: Dancing in the Middle(EKS).  
      6. Gross Motor Movement: I Can Move Around (EKS). 
      7. Cool Down: From Head to Toe (A book by Eric Carle)
      8.  Goodbye: Goodbye (MRP)

Sprouting Melodies 3
      Instrument Exploration
      Hello/ Gathering: Gather Round (EKS).  
      Body Percussion: Where is the Music? (EKS)
      Lap Ride: Swimming Together (EKS)
       Instrument Play: You Play A Little (EKS)
      Gross Motor Movement: The Leaves Go Down (EKS)  
      Cool Down: Thank You For the Music 
       Goodbye: Goodbye (MRP)

Kristen Macleod

Participant

Family Sprouts: instrument exploration/ Gathering Song: Hey Everybody (EKS)/ Body Percussion: All of this is me (EKS)/ Lap Ride: Row it Faster/ Instrument Play: I Like this Song (EKS)/ Gross Motor Movement: Will you Come (EKS)/ Cool Down: scarves Where is my face?  Music Time is Over/ Goodbye: Goodbye (MRP)

SM 3: Instrument Exploration/ Gathering: Sit Down with me(EKS)/ Body Percussion: Gather Round/ Lap Ride: Swimming together (EKS)/ Instrument Play: You play a Little (EKS)/ Gross Motor Movement: Will you come? (EKS)/ Cool Down: Book- From Head to Toe by Eric Carle/ Goodbye: Time to Go (EKS)

Anonymous

Inactive

Family Sprouts- 1. Instrument exploration, 2. Hello/Gathering: Hey Everybody (EKS), 3. Body Percussion: That All Makes Up Me (EKS), 4. Lap Ride: Hold On Tight (EKS), 5. Instrument Play: Music Is The Way (EKS), 6. Gross Motor: Can You Follow? (EKS), 7. Cool Down: Thank You Very Much (EKS), 8. Good-Bye: It’s Time To Say Good-Bye (EKS)

Sprouting Melodies 3- 1. Instrument exploration, 2. Hello/Gathering: Hello Everybody, 3. Body Percussion: My Eyes On My Face (EKS), 4. Lap Ride: My Brand New Friend (EKS), 5. Instrument Play: Music Is The Way (EKS), 6. Gross Motor: Jumping up and Jumping Down (EKS), 7. Cool Down: Book-Hand Hand, Finger, Thumb, 8. Good-bye: Thank You Very Much (EKS)

Meredith and Elizabeth thank you for asking me to share my song last week. You inspired me to not only write it down but transcribe it. This was the first time I wrote down the music and words and not just keeping it in my head! I was not sure how to share this in the Forum. I wrote it by hand, as I don’t have Finale or Encore. I could take a picture, but I do not know how to upload.

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

Great, Erika. I will check with our web people and figure out how you can upload your song. Thank you for sharing!

Lauren Bevilacqua

Participant

Sprouting Melodies 3:
      Instrument Exploration
      Gathering: Hey Come and Play
      Body Percussion: Gather Round
      Lap Ride/Tickles: Horsey Carry Me
      Songs About Me: Where is the Music
      Instrument Play: I Like that SOng
      Gross Motor: Will You Come?
      Cool Down: Time to Go
      Goodbye: Goodbye

Family Sprouts:
      Instrument Exploration/Gathering: I”m glad you’re Here Today

Body Percussion: Come on Lets Make Some Music
      Lap Ride/Tickles: Row it Faster
      Songs About Me: All of this is Me
      INstrument PLaying: I Like this Song
      Movement: I Gotta Jump
      Cool Down: Music Time is Over
      Goodbye: Goodbye! (N-R)

Lisa Klostermann

Participant

SM3: 1. Instrument Exploration    2. Hello/ Gathering: Hey Everybody.   3. Body Percussion: Where is the Music?  4. Lap Ride: Swimming together.   5. Instrument Play: You Play a Little  6. Gross Motor Movement: My Brand New Friend  7. Cool Down: Music is the Way  8.  Goodbye: Music Time is Over

Family Sprouts: 1. Instrument Exploration    2. Hello/ Gathering: Hey Everybody.   3. Body Percussion: Where is the Music? 4. Lap Ride: Row it Faster   5. Instrument Play: I like this song 6. Gross Motor Movement: Will You Come?  7. Cool Down: Book – Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? by Eric Carle  (with visual aides)  8.  Goodbye: Thank you very much

Megan Goddu

Participant

Sproutine Melodies 3
      1. Instrumental Exploration 2. Hello/Gathering: Gather ‘Round 3. Body Percussion: All of this is Me 4. Bonding Song: My Brand New Friend 5. Instrument Play: You Play a Little 6. Gross Motor Movement: Will You Come? 7. Cool Down: Music Time is Over 8. Goodbye: Thank you for the Music

Family Sprouts: 1. Instrument Exploration 2. Hello/Gathering: Hey Everybody 3. Body Percussion: All of this is Me 4. Bonding Song: Swimming Together 5. Instrument Play: Dancing in the Middle 6. Gross Motor Movement: I Can Move Around 7. Cool Down: Music is Over 8. Goodbye: Thank you for the Music

Michelle Muth

Participant

Sprouting Melodies 3: 

Embedded Music/Instrument Exploration:  Let’s make some music

Gathering: Hey! Hey! Come and Play

Songs about Me:  Can You See Me?

Bonding Song/Lap Ride: Horsey, Carry Me

Instrument Song: You Play A Little

Motor Movement:  My Brand new Friend

Cool Down:  Music is the Way

Closing:   Music Time is Done

Family Sprouts:

Embedded Music/Instrument Exploration:  Let’s make some music
      Gathering:  Come and Play with me today

Bonding: Hold on Tight

Songs about Me:  Who’s That?

Instrument Songs:  I like this Song

Movement Songs:  I can move around

Goodbye: Music Time is Done (MMM)

Courtney Fanello

Participant

Sprouting Melodies 3

Instrument Exploration Do you wanna be my friend?

Hello   Are you ready for music?

Body Percussion  I know just how it goes

Lap Ride   Hold on tight!

Instrument Play  You play a little (Dorian Dance)

Movement Today I think I won’t be me (Will you come?)

Cool down  All of this is me

Goodbye  It’s time to say goodbye to our friends (To the tune of She’ll be coming round the mountain)

Family Sprouts

Instrument Exploration  Do you wanna be my friend?

Hello   Are you ready for music?

Body Percussion Where is the music?

Lap Ride  Frog went a swimming

Instrument Play I Like this song (Music is the way)

Movement Can you follow?

Cool down Hand, Hand fingers thumb (chant from book)

Goodbye It’s time to say goodbye

Vanessa Talbott

Participant

Sprouting Melodies 3: 1. Gathering/Instrument Exploration 2. Hello: Hey Everybody 3. Songs About Me: That All Makes Up Me 4: Lap Ride: Hold on Tight 5. Instrument Play: All Night All Day 6. Gross Motor Movement: Jumping UP and Jumping Down 7. Cool Down: My Eyes are On My Face 8. Goodbye: Time to Go

Family Sprouts: 1. Gathering/ Instrument Exploration 2. Hello: Hey Everybody. 3. Songs About Me: Who’s That? 4. Lap Ride: Wiggly Giggly Car 5. Instrument Play: Dancing in the Middle 6. Gross Motor Movement: Can you follow? 7. Cool Down: Can You See Me? 8. Goodbye: Thank you very much

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content