Create a Sprouting Melodies 2 Framework

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies – March 2023 Week 7 Create a Sprouting Melodies 2 Framework

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Julie Palmieri

Participant

Sprouting Melodies 2 Framework:

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 2.

Write 5 sentences you can use when speaking with parents about musical responses of children in SM 2.

Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in a Sprouting Melodies 2 session

Katelyn Caruso

Participant

5 Words: Discovery, play, repetition, bond, silly

5 Sentences: Watch what I’m doing so you can do this at home with your family! – Feel free to play around and explore. – It’s okay to be silly and have fun while we play. – All of us are musical, you don’t need an instrument to do this in your home. – Your children are free and safe to explore in this room.

SM2 Plan: 1. Day Like Today -Gathering Song 2. “Hello Friends” greeting song 3. Row Your Boat/Row Your Boat a Little Bit Faster – scarves and start/stop 4. Popcorn In the Popper – shakers and movements OR lap ride song 5. “March With My Baby” – drum and marching 6. “I Like This Song” with drums/instrument exploration 7. “Clap Your Hands Together” 8. Goodbye song

Melissa Neitzel

Participant

5 words:
      Lively, Energetic, Curiosity, absorbing, Motion

5 Sentences: Ok caregivers, turn your child toward you and let’s sing this song together. It’s okay if your child explores the room. Your child may want to see what their neighbor is doing- let’s turn ourselves around to see them. It’s normal for your child to stop and watch me- they are soaking it in! Your child can touch the guitar and play along with me!

Create a plan: 1-2 : Gathering/Greeting: Come Gather Together / Hello. 3. Bonding Song: Wiggly Jiggly Car. 4. Song about Me: Just Like Me. 5. Instrument song: Dancing in the Middle. 6. Movement Song: I Can Move Around. 7. Goodbye: Music Time is Over/Goodbye

Leslie Aldrich

Participant

5 words: Energy, Exploration, Playful, Spontaneous, Surprise.

5 sentences:
      1. Your baby might be ready to move around now during the music, that’s awesome! 2. This is a great time to be playful with your kiddo, watch what I’m doing so you can do this at home with them. 3. Introducing elements of surprise in these songs can be a really fun way to start helping your kiddo branch out in this music. 4. Learning how to stop and start playing the instrument takes a while, so when we pause, we want to give them enough time to process that. 5. It’s great if you kiddo wants to face you or if they start wanting to face out to the other group members too, they are curious!

SM2 Plan:
      Gathering Song – Are you ready for music.
      Hello Song – Original.
      Sit and Shake with Me – maracas and shakers instrument exploration.
      In my Little Hand – Instrument exploration.
      Transition – All Done and Clean Up song.
      Wiggly Jiggly Car – Bonding song/lap ride.
      Scarf Song – movement.
      That all makes up me – Song about me.
      Transition – gathering to finish the class.
      Goodbye song.

Maggie Johnson

Participant

I really like the tone of your 5 sentences, especially the phrase “helping your kiddo branch out” and the explanation of the pause.

Kimberly Werner

Participant

Movement, Playfulness, Silly, Engaging, Bonding

Let’s explore through moving, touching, and playing! It’s okay if your baby wants to face you or face out – both have great benefits. This can be as much fun for you as it is for your baby. Enjoy this time together. The more comfortable you are, the more comfortable your baby will be.

Kimberly Werner

Participant

Hello: Hey Hey Come and Play

Gathering: Come Gather Together

Bonding: Wiggly Jiggly Car

Song About Me: Who Is This (original)

Instrument: Listen (original)

Movement: March With My Baby

Goodbye: It’s Time to Say Goodbye

Christine Wick

Participant

5 words: Playful, Silly, Explore, Bonding, Movement

5 Sentences: It’s okay if your child explores the room / Your child can reach out and explore the guitar / It’s okay to be silly! / Do what makes you feel comfortable / The music is in all of us

Create a plan: 1. Hello song: Hey Hey Come And Play! 2. Gathering song: Come Gather Together 4. Bonding Song: Horsey Carry Me 4. Song about Me: Can You See Me? 5. Instrument song: Sit with Me and Shake 6. Movement Song: March With my Baby 7. Goodbye: Music Time is Over

Maggie Johnson

Participant

Party, surprises, rondo, playful, exploration

5 sentences: “Let’s ALL get silly!” “It’s okay to let your child respond with variation on the actions that we are singing!” “Yes, let’s be open to exploring a little around the room;” After responding to a Child:”Oh! How exciting to hear that communication when they [asked for something in the music circle/made a choice]!” “We can try to find ways to bring the music with us throughout the week.”

1.“On A Day Like Today” original gathering song 2.“Hey! Hey! Come and Play! Gathering w/drum 3.“Wiggly Jiggly Car” LapRide/Tickles 4. “Where is the music?” Songs About Me (passing out instruments) 5.“Walrus Washes His Winter Coat” (instrument play) 6.“Shake and then you Stop” (instrument play) 7.“Just Like Me” sound about me/cool down 8. “It’s Time to Say Goodbye”

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content