Create a Sprouting Melodies Family Sprouts Framework

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies – January 2023 Week 8 Create a Sprouting Melodies Family Sprouts Framework

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Julie Palmieri

Participant

Sprouting Melodies Family Sprouts Framework

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Family Sprouts

Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in Family Sprouts

Jorden Liteplo

Participant

Fun, independent, purposeful, choices, intention, leadership

Ok so same things with hello song but I’m more intentional about secondary hello. I might do one where we shake our body parts and older sib can shake themselves or help a younger one. or parents can shake a younger one. Then I might do an instrument song and I find that stop and go instrument songs are engaging and doable for multiple developmental levels, only I would be more intentional about which instruments I hand out. I then like to do a movement song where we move in a circle, as adults can carry smaller children and older sibs can move themselves. I also like jump and stop songs for the same reason, they are engaging for multiple levels. I would then break out my trusty scarves because they target gross motor for older kids and sensory stimulation for younger ones. I would then bring everybody back to do an engagement song like a puppet/ animal song or actions song, because older sibs can do actions for younger, or help them. I love doing if you’re happy and you know it the emotions song, because older kids learn to identify emotions and can make funny faces for younger ones. I would cap it off with a lap ride/ bonding song and a cool down song before I sing goodbye.

Sean FitzGerald

Participant

Emergence, coexistence, companionship, exploratory, multifaceted

I would begin the session with a gathering song to get everyone oriented to the session and then move to a hello song once everyone is engaged in the session. Next, I would do an instrument song to allow for all of the kids to engage with instruments at their own level. The older kids will most likely play independently while the younger kids can engage independently or with assistance from caregivers. Then I would move to a lap ride do allow for the siblings to engage in movement together with the parents. After getting physically warmed up through instrument play and the lap ride, I would move into a movement song like the train song that Katie modeled because this movement of walking in a circle would allow for the older kids to walk on their own while the younger kids have the option to be carried by the parents. Then I would do a shared scarf song to allow interaction between the younger and older kids. I would end the session with a cool down song and then a goodbye song!

Kayla Stubblefield

Participant

It’s always nice to end a session with a cooldown song before the goodbye song. 🙂

Erika (TeamRH)

Keymaster

Reminder to add songs to your frameworks.

-Thank you

Kayla Stubblefield

Participant

Intentionality, empowerment, relationships, bonding, growth

I would begin with a hello song and prompt everyone to say hello to each other. Next, I would do “It’s Your Turn” to encourage turn-taking amongst siblings. I would also encourage parents to use music even while their children are playing at home to aid in generalizing the skills we practice in SM. Third, I would facilitate “All Kinds Of People” and prompt families to fill in the blanks of what their child or sibling does walking down the street and prompt everyone to match their movement. Next, we would read a book and use an embedded song “Let’s Read a Book Today.” Last, I would end with simple body percussion movements to an original song “I feel that Boom Boom Boom In My Music.” We would sing a goodbye song.

Angie Snell

Participant

Hi Kayla, Nice that you include a book with an embedded song.

Leah Strand

Participant

Fun, intentional, joyful, adaptive, independent

I would start off with the gather round hello song, in which I would then transition to the all of this is me song o establishing some self awareness. Next I would do an original song that I call “will it wiggle” which involves movement and spacial awareness, its also just a silly fun song as well. After this I would get out the instruments to do “I like this song” since this one is easy to adapt when needed and gives lots of room to everyone to explore. Next I would do wiggly jiggly car for a bonding song and for the older kiddos that don’t ant to it on laps I would get the scarves out and adapt it with them. I would next do the where is the music song to create a transition for our goodby song and to being the energy back down.

Angie Snell

Participant

5 words to describe the music experiences in Family Sprouts: Joyful, connections, sharing, fun, cooperation

Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in Family Sprouts:
      A. Gathering/Greeting Songs: I’m Glad You’re Here Today; the More We Get Together; Come On Let’s Make Some Music
      B. Bonding Songs: You and Me In Music; Row It Faster; Wiggly, Jiggly Car
      C. Songs About Me: All of This Is Me; Who’s That?
      D. Instrument Songs: The Surprise Song; Shake and Stop; I’m In the Mood
      E. Movement Songs: Clickety Clack; The Silly Pirate Song; I Really Gotta Jump
      F. Goodbye: It’s Time to Go and Say Goodbye; Thanks A Lot; Adios Amigos; Goodbye, Goodbye; All Done

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content