How are you planning on sharing this information with colleagues, administrators and families?

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – September 2015 Week 10 How are you planning on sharing this information with colleagues, administrators and families?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Gina Greeson

Participant

I plan on sharing this information through a powerpoint presentation. I also would like to make flyers and using handouts we received from this course. I would love to give a live presentation to parents and use some of the music during the presentation so they get a sneak peak of the music.

Lauren Klimek

Participant

I’ve already begun sharing this information by speaking with various businesses and mothers from an MT group I run. I’ve been sharing this information with other colleagues as well by telling them about the benefits of this training and how it has already helped me in shaping my ideas for my own approach to early childhood music therapy practice. I’ve been telling some parents whose children I work with about the training and about early childhood music and they were asking when and where I plan on offering these services. I really stress the importance of music for development and emotional growth and how we as music therapists are trained in identifying, assessing and implementing appropriate goals and interventions based on early childhood development which sets us a part from any other profession offering music classes. This training has been invaluable and I know I’ll continue to look back on it as I continue on my private practice journey!

Anonymous

Inactive

Gina if you become a provider you will have the opportunity to use many of the printed resources Meredith and Beth have already created for Sprouting Melodies. This way you do not have to “re-invent” the wheel. There is one in particular that talks about what makes Sprouting Melodies unique. Giving presentations and free “demos” are a great way to get started. When you become a provider you get lots of support from Meredith, Beth and the SM Providers in different ways and how to present yourself and the program.

Joanna Calahan

Participant

If I were to become a Sprouting Melodies provider I would utilize the marketing material to help spread the word. I think using social media, providing demonstrations, meet and greets, and networking would also be helpful. I liked the idea Meredith mentioned in the slides this week about signing up for newsletters so that we are in the “know” on what’s going on in the community, as well as making connections through other people we know (word of mouth).

Talking to colleagues, friends, and family members is also a good way to get ideas and new connections for who might be interested in early childhood music therapy or music therapy in general.

Lauren also brought up a good point abut stressing the importance of the benefits music therapy offers clients as well as how we are trained, credentialed providers who know how to identify, assess, and implement appropriate goals.

Megan Calabro

Participant

Great question! Because I’ve had several parents over the years ask me about the benefits of music in early childhood, I took the opportunity to create informational flyers to give to parents. And when I first heard about SM, I did research it a little bit, reached out to Erika, and shared that information with a few parents who had asked about early childhood music opportunities. I would absolutely continue to share that information with parents, and have also shared some blurbs about SM with the manager (who’s also a developmental nurse practitioner!) of our child development center. She was very excited about the possibility of having something that could be offered as part of the NICU follow-up clinic, and emphasized that opportunities for parent education was a big draw. I’m happy to say that I now have a better understanding of the what’s/why’s/how’s of SM, and will continue to advocate for quality early childhood music programs (this being my top choice and first recommendation) when speaking with parents and families. =)

Megan Calabro

Participant

Also – I like the idea that was posted about reaching out to private OT practices!!! I’m definitely going to continue to explore opportunities such as those as well.

Dina Breaux

Participant

Because I plan to transition back into music therapy by volunteering at a local music therapy clinic, my goal is to do presentations and sample classes for interested parents with their children. I am working on a website that will include an opportunity for interested families to sign up for an email newsletter. There are also a few independent bookstores and my local library that have large meeting spaces that will work well for presenting the Sprouting Melodies program and for sharing the benefits of music therapy in general. These are just a few ideas I have in mind, but will continue to network with my music therapy colleagues as I explore more opportunities to share the benefits of our profession.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content