How are you planning on sharing this information with colleagues, administrators and families?

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – March 2015 Week 10 How are you planning on sharing this information with colleagues, administrators and families?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

As we are talking about sharing the information’s about Sprouting melodies program to my community, families, clients…..I think that it can be manageable as I am already working with parents with very small babies, also I am marketing manager in publishing house and have 10 years experience with sharing and selling ….also I already have some contacts with some companies, institutions but I have to find the way how to adapt the program to my market (translations, materials, regulations). So that is why I need your assistance. Do you have any International provider in Europe?

Kristina Rio

Participant

Milijana, I have passed your questions on to Erika, Meredith, and Beth. They will be better able to answer your questions and provide you with resources. Keep checking back, and I’m sure they will get back to you as soon as they can whether that be here on the forum, or individually with you.

Thank you Kristina!

Darcy Lipscomb

Participant

A local toy store hosts an early childhood workshop series for parents and educators, and I have led a workshop each time. I can’t wait to infuse even more of the information I have learned through this Sprouting Melodies training in my next workshop! I have already reached out to my contact at our Infants & Toddlers program and will continue to seek out more and deeper connections with other local early childhood leaders.

Michelle Russell

Participant

I am lucky enough to be offering early childhood music at a local creative arts studio. I am looking forward to offing sprouting melodies classes starting in the fall. I will take great advantage of the work you have already done to create logos, websites and information on your programs already. By referencing your materials I hope that I will be able to grow support for sprouting melodies. I will be able to advertise the classes on the creative arts studios webpage and facebook page as well as my own.

I know that it will take time to become known in my community, but my connection with this already established studio should help quite a bit. I am also making it a priority to get into and get to know the local libraries in my area.

Christine Czuhajewski

Participant

One of my music therapy jobs is in a private practice, so I have been speaking with the other therapists about taking the training and what sets it apart from similar programs out there. I’m looking forward to getting everyone else in the practice involved and signed up to take the training. I am hoping to also determine interest in the community- asking families who we already serve, checking in with contacts at local schools and community centers. We also have a local newsletter/newspaper available full of resources for interventions, activities and services for children, so once things are up and running, that would be a great place to advertise. Our therapists also frequently rent office space out of OT and SLP centers around the state. These would be great places to network and share information with other providers and hang information on their bulletin boards. I’ve also noticed that lots of public venues like libraries and coffee shops have bulletin boards with lots of public information and fliers for events/services. These would be great places to put up an informational flier.

Katie Whipple

Participant

I love the idea of the toy store… never would have thought of that. We have a really neat toy store in our surrounding area that supplies “old school” toys that encourage learning and creativity. I’d love to contact them for a workshop or even once a month music group- it could help both of us drum up some business. Other ways I will be sharing this info is through a “parents of” group on facebook and another mommy facebook page for our community.

Megan Dewing

Participant

I am looking forward to sharing this information with leaders of children’s ministry from my church. She has many more connections then I do with family’s of young children, and also knows some other places to share information about such groups. I also am looking forward to building better connections with other early childhood leaders throughout our community this summer at children’s concerts and fairs.

I am also looking forward to sharing this information with some of the families of clients I currently see. Even if the family doesn’t have a young child of their own, they may have a friend/family member who is looking for this information and a class for their child.

Jaycie Voorhees

Participant

My plan at this point is to start with the libraries and Rec Centers in my area. With the libraries I want to see if they every have opportunities (or if I can set up an opportunity) to talk to parents about EC music, and also to see if they would be interested in music classes for kids under 18 months. With the Rec Centers I will ask if they are interested in hosting or contracting with me to have SM classes at their sites, as there are a lot of kids coming in and out as their parents exercise and they may be interested in offering new programs to them.

I need to dig in more with my community to find out what agencies and organizations specialize in early childhood and start to form relationships with them. I will look at Universities to see who has educational programs for early childhood, as they will likely have connections to programs that serve this age group directly, and I’d love to participate in other organizations/boards as I find them. The tricky thing for me is timing at this point as I’m due with baby #3 in 2 months and while I am eager to get started, I feel like the smart thing would be to wait until I’m on my feet again in the late fall or maybe even next Spring. Hopefully during that time I can do some research and get a better picture of the early childhood climate in my area.

Kayla Lyles

Participant

I was recently asked to speak at a lunchtime program at a community college where I took voice lessons through middle and high school at the beginning of the fall, and what’s great is they have a daycare program for the children of staff and students. I’m hoping that will be a great way to get a foot in the door and advocate for both Sprouting Melodies and music therapy. Super exciting!

Jacquelyn Blankinship

Participant

I am excited to be able to have this information to use and share as I search for employment here in my new city! Prior to this training, my experience/knowledge of music in early childhood was limited to coursework and 1-2 practicums. most of my direct MT experience is with older adults and palliative/hospice care. So this is definitely an added area for me, which I think will be beneficial in allowing me to be versatile with various populations.

I’m excited to tell other of my music therapist colleagues who work with children about this training. I really value that it’s designed by music therapists FOR music therapists, and I think my colleagues would as well.

Just in driving around town getting things done associated with moving, I’ve noticed several childhood centers, know some folks who work or have worked with preschools, church schools, daycares, etc. and who have indicated that there is likely a lot of interest in music therapist led classes. I am excited to investigate those opportunities more.

Jacquelyn Blankinship

Participant

I am excited to be able to have this information to use and share as I search for employment here in my new city! Prior to this training, my experience/knowledge of music in early childhood was limited to coursework and 1-2 practicums. most of my direct MT experience is with older adults and palliative/hospice care. So this is definitely an added area for me, which I think will be beneficial in allowing me to be versatile with various populations.

Just in driving around town getting things done associated with moving, I’ve noticed several childhood centers, know some folks who work or have worked with preschools, church schools, daycares, etc. and who have indicated that there is likely a lot of interest in music therapist led classes. I am excited to investigate those opportunities more.
      I’m excited to tell other of my music therapist colleagues who work with children about this training. I really value that it’s designed by music therapists FOR music therapists, and I think my colleagues would as well.

Amanda Braden

Participant

Since our agency is in the very early stages of looking into beginning a Sprouting Melodies program, I will definitely be sharing with my bosses and co-workers about the value of community-based programs that support parents and the development of their children. Our company currently provides therapies of all kinds to individuals and families. So, a community-based or wellness program would be quite a different venture for us, and it would take some education to ensure that all understood the distinction between the wellness and clinical models that we’ve discussed so much in this training. I’m sure I would also be sharing that with families as well as administrators and leaders of childhood programs and organizations that our company may partner with since our therapy-based agency will be providing the services. Our company is currently contracting with a local center that provides activities and programs for children in our town, and we’ve been using their space to provide a summer camp for children with autism. My supervisor and I have been thinking about reaching out to this center to utilize their space for Sprouting Melodies classes. It’s well-known in the area for childhood programs and would be the perfect place to get connected with families. So, I’m thinking of starting there as well as the local libraries and getting their feedback on other organizations, etc. that I could connect with in the area. I also know some people who are directors at our local YMCAs who may be able to connect me with their organization as well as others, and I will likely be reaching out to them as well. Another great way to share information with families and organizations in the area might be to set up a table at our local festivals and hand out fliers or get email addresses for an e-newsletter as Meredith recommended. There’s a local store that sells organic products for babies where I might be able to set up a table as well. So, there are a lot of opportunities out there to spread the word, and I’m excited to begin reaching out, developing relationships with organizations in my community, and spreading awareness about the value of music in the lives of young children and their families!

Anonymous

Inactive

It sounds like you each have found wonderful ways to share the information gained from this training. I wish you each the best as you move forward in your work.

Mary Withington

Participant

I plan on sharing the information about developmental stages in music and what to expect or not expect, with the preschool teachers at the church preschool where I lead bi weekly music groups. I will also communicate this information with the OT with whom I have co led music therapy groups with her early childhood clients and families. I have already begun pointing out children’s reactions to a music activity and how this relates,to the stage,they are in, and also wait a little longer with the babies for a response in the early childhood music program I lead with babies, toddlers and their caregivers or moms. I always,talk to parents or colleagues about other music therapy experiences with different populations with whom Ive worked- psych, hospice, substance abuse, nursing homes. Alzheimer’s units, Wounded Warriers, when leading groups. So many interventions and songs can intermingle with different groups. I have a MT intern starting in the fall with me, and I will definitely go over all my notes with her and require her to read Beth’s book.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content