How are you planning on sharing this information with colleagues, administrators and families?

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – April 2013 Week Ten How are you planning on sharing this information with colleagues, administrators and families?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Lisa Klostermann

Participant

First, I will definitely be sharing the “parent ed” talking points that I learned about childhood development and musical development with my families.  It is so valuable for them and makes our classes that much more valuable for all.   I was also inspired to seek out parent groups and organizations to share the message of what we can offer.

Kristen Macleod

Participant

I think that I will be starting with parent groups and organisations and trying to get the word out that way. I also think that I will start talking a bit more with the families I already work with about the importance of music and development and seeing if the clients I work with have younger siblings that the parents might like to take along to be part of a session.

Emily Seymour

Participant

Since I work directly with parents, I plan to share this information with them on a weekly basis!  I have a few colleagues who work with this population and have networked with them.  To my surprise, one of them had already taken the course!  As far as administrators go, I have my “music therapy speech” ready to share in case the opportunity ever arises.  A new way to share information that I learned from this week’s lesson is to create a newsletter.  I would love to try that out in the future!

Anonymous

Inactive

I will be giving many presentations in the near future with professionals and parents. I plan on including what I have learned into my presentations. I am also planning to offer Sprouting Melodies in my area and will definitely doing lots of parent support. Thanks to this course I feel comfortable and knowledgeable to share! I have also been telling other music therapists I know about this course and encouraging them to sign up in the future!

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

Thanks for the words of support and the ideas for sharing. Please feel free to tell your colleagues about the information and blogs at RaisingHarmony.com and SproutingMelodies.com. There are also a lot of informational and interesting postings on the Raising Harmony FaceBook page. Please join us there and tell your friends.

Lauren Bevilacqua

Participant

I have a few meetings and presentations slated for the fall and could see including this information as apart of my presentations to colleagues from other disciplines, include administrators. Ideally, I’d like to devote most of my educational strategies to educating and supporting families and parents. There are a lot of parent networks in my area. I really believe that if you provide the right experience/product and genuine support, parent networks and families can be one of your greatest marketing sources.

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

I agree, Lauren. I find that parents are thirsty for information and support and become our biggest promoters.

Megan Goddu

Participant

I actually learned about this course from a previous participant and who is now a Sprouting Melodies Provider. I will continue to pass on the information about Sprouting Melodies and the professional opportunities it provides for music therapists. With families and administrators, I plan to more actively advocate for music therapy and its importance to help all gain a better understanding…particularly in the school systems I am currently working with. I am also starting to talk to my family and friends about the work I do and making sure I highlight the reasons why it is helping the individuals I work with.

Michelle Muth

Participant

I have already been talking with a number of people about SM and typically start with my favorite tagline “Sprouting Melodies, early childhood music and movement for children and the adults who love them”  Most everyone resonates with the phrase “and the adults who love them.”  I’ve had people say, “well, that’s me!”  I begin with that and depending on the audience go into further detail.

The parent collaboration/education component is an area I focus on quite a bit and, I too, am finding that people are very hungry for this type of information and program.

Courtney Fanello

Participant

I have already recommending this training to several of my colleagues, and have talked with friends, family, and neighbors about the sprouting melodies program. People are very interested in how music can be a very supportive and fun way for children and parents to interact. I also hope to get involved with the local Music and Movement chapter and maybe give presentations at the local library.

Carla Carnegie

Participant

Michelle, I love your tag line! I have kept my eyes open for opportunity, and found a wonderful opportunity in a new retail and resource store geared for families, babies, and successfully growing a child.  I have entered into a contract to rent space to conduct my SM classes, and to conduct other wellness classes that are music therapy based to parents. Soon to be added will be music therapy assisted childbirth classes.  I will have opportunities to present to parents, other professionals and the business community about SM, and further the awareness and advocacy of MT in the Spokane area.  I am really enthused about the library program, and want to pursue this very soon.  To check-in and present to the existing pre-school, and early child development centers in the area feels the most intimidating to me, but I am not going to let that hold me back.  Every child deserves high quality, music based childhood development opportunities that are live, in the moment child-based, and conducted by a MT..

Vanessa Talbott

Participant

I will probably offer an inservice in the fall at the daycare that I work at to help staff integrate music into their daily routines with the children. I will also be sharing with my colleagues and with the families I see each week.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content