How are you planning to share?

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – April 2017 Week 10 How are you planning to share?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

How are you planning on sharing this information with colleagues, administrators and families?

I plan on re-reading the information multiple times for my own comprehension and growth and incorporating the information about development (physical, emotional, social and musical) into my Parent Education Moments in my early childhood classes and also sharing with my colleagues when appropriate. I also plan on referencing the ‘opportunities for success’ handout often and may use some of the songs from You and Me Makes Me in my clinical work.

Carolyn Keenan

Participant

I plan to begin to contribute to the preschool newsletter, which goes home with students every month. I have thought about it in the past, and now I see how helpful it could be to even have a little “fun fact” about music as often as possible. I was so excited during this training that I have already shared some information with my colleagues at a recent staff meeting.

Anonymous

Inactive

Thank you for sharing. Wonderful ideas! Also remember, that if you do not become a provider your will have 30 days to access the training materials on the website and after that time the materials are closed. If you do become a provider you have lifetime access to everything on the training website.

Laura Pruett

Participant

That is good to know, thank you Erika! I don’t remember reading that, or hearing that in the videos. I have an additional question about becoming a provider. Right now, I plan on working under Christine Heaps, who is already set up as a provider in the Phoenix area and offers Sprouting Melodies classes. I plan on moving out of Arizona in January, but I would like to get started with SM classes under Christine, and then become a provider and do my own thing whenever (and wherever) we move. Would that be possible – to delay becoming a provider?

Laura Pruett

Participant

To answer the question, “How are you planning on sharing this information with colleagues, administrators and families?” I have a lot to think about. I’m not sure how I will go about distributing this information. I’ve been wanting to start blogging on my company’s website, that could be one way to share this information. I work fairly closely with 2 other MT’s in this area (besides Christine Heaps), I definitely plan on talking about all of this with them. I could also talk to the preschool teachers/aids about this, and the respite workers of one of my clients. Through my doula music therapy work, I have some connections with birth centers, other doulas, lactation consultants, etc. I could go back to those businesses and individuals with this information.

Anonymous

Inactive

Hi Laura,

Meredith is the person who will best be able to answer your question so I am going to forward that on to her. She will either post here or contact you directly. I will copy myself in the email so that I can be of support and make sure the question is answered.

Jen Hinton

Participant

Well, I am not sure but have been brainstorming possible options.

Here are some thoughts:

My son’s former preschool- lots of parents doing AM drop-offs and many (like me) totting 0 to 2½ yr olds
      Plugging into my son’s Kindergarten as a volunteer/network.
      Our area civic center had approached me before about providing music services but I wanted to wait and get some more info.
      Area libraries
      Offering supplemental services to my preschoolers who I provide music enrichment for
      Mothers of Multiples?
      Spreading the word through some of our local business owners that I support
      offering some trial courses in local areas
      spreading the word through our small town and figuring out how/where/when to trial groups

Elana Dietz-Weinstein

Participant

I plan on looking into possibilities in my area to set up a Sprouting Melodies class. I also share information with the parents of the children I work with whenever possible, letting them know about their growth and what they have been doing.

Claudia Eliaza

Participant

I am still working this one out, but I like the idea of sharing more of this information and knowledge with some of my colleagues during our weekly staff meetings.

Mabel Ortiz

Participant

I have organized my thoughts and I am proud to say that I completed a marketing plan! I am now researching the possible locations to possibly provide services at. I will most likely be sharing some thoughts with my colleagues to bounce off ideas with them.

Alison Barrington

Participant

Again lots of great ideas – thank you.
      I have sort of answered this question in the previous posting. One thing I would add is that I am intending to set up a website to advertise my work in the Chicago area. Once I have officially become a SM provider I will be putting that on my website.
      I like the ideas of contacting location consultants and doulas. I don’t have any contacts in this area but it’s got me thinking about who else I can make contact with.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content