How will you share this information?

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies – June 2021 Week 10 How will you share this information?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

• How are you planning on sharing this information with colleagues, administrators and families?

Cindy Humphreys

Participant

I hope to share the information about Sprouting Melodies with the other school music therapists I network with. I also hope to do some in servicing of early childhood staff about music and development.

Robin Jacobs

Participant

I presently do office work at a state Early Intervention site. I’m sharing this info, (made especially easy to do by sharing your book Beth)with the staff here. (pt, ot, speech, psych and medical team)

Alyssa Kereki

Participant

Robin – I hadn’t thought about sharing Beth’s book with the other members of the therapy team in the school district where I work, and I think that’s an excellent idea! I’ll have to consider typing up some sort of handout that references the key points that might be of interest to them. I’m also working on a pamphlet the teachers requested to educate parents on music therapy, and the parents of the preschool children especially may benefit from an extra handout related to music therapy and early childhood development.

My current plan for sharing what I’ve learned is speaking with the Director of Special Education and discussing adding a music therapy group for parents and their young children. The school district actually provided this training to help me with my preschool therapy groups (I have eight within the schools), and I would love to offer monthly sessions for parents to understand the value of music therapy and using music with their children.

Lisa Spall

Participant

I will continue to share the information I know with parents and potential clients I meet. I’m in and out of IEP meetings frequently and have the ability to share my knowledge with teams from many different schools and speak with parents (who belong to support groups and keep in contact with other parents). Through this, I have been able to share the benefits of music therapy and will continue to do so. I would like to spend the summer expanding my community involvement and start the foundation for expansion into Southern New England 🙂

Meredith Pizzi

Thanks everybody! Great ideas for in-services and for sharing key information from Beth’s book. Honestly, I think just by letting people know that these resources exist within our field, we elevate our standing on the team!

Tamara Strom

Participant

Fortunately, several of my colleagues are already trained in sprouting melodies, and my company is already in the process of organizing classes!

Angie Carter

Participant

I co treat frequently with speech and physical therapists and they have really been eager to hear each week what I have learned. This has been very encouraging for me. I am in the midst of establishing some in-services as well and providing sample groups to specific groups in the community. I just wish there was more money out there!!!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content