Introduction

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Nicole Sanabria

Participant

Hi! My name is Nicole Sanabria. I currently reside in Hartford, Connecticut working as a full-time music therapist. I completed a graduate level clinical internship at The Rebecca Center for Music Therapy at Molloy College in Rockville Centre, New York where I also obtained my Bachelor of Science degree in music therapy in the Spring of 2013. I also had the pleasure to complete part of my internship at Alternatives for Children in East Setauket, New York. In retrospect, the experience I had at both sites enabled me to utilize music purposefully. Always thinking of the goal in mind and my intentions musically to meet that goal. Futhermore, understanding the individual differences that each child has, and how to work with that individually and in a group setting. In October of 2013 I obtained my MT-BC and was working several music therapy gigs on Long Island. I was offered an opportunity to relocate to CT and work with a wide variety of clientele from early intervention, to various neurodevelopmental disorders, mental illness, medically fragile individuals, dementia, and hospice. It has been an enriching experience thus far. I’m looking forward to the Sprouting Melodies training because I feel like already I am burning out in regards to offering various musical experiences to meet a specific goal. I need to be recharged it seems, to go back to the basics and further my understanding of childhood development. I feel as though the knowledge I will obtain throughout this training will help motivate me as a MT and refresh my clinical work. Thank you in advance!</p>
      <p>Best, </p>
      <p>Nicole

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content