introduction

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Peggy Grace

Participant

Hello everyone, my name is Peggy Grace and I am a board certified music therapist from Fort Myers, FL. I have been working for the local hospice for over 15 years along with 3 other music therapists who work with our agency. My main focus is visiting pt.’s in their homes, skilled nursing facilities and group homes. Our music therapists also work closely with the bereavement department to help individuals of all ages deal with the loss of a loved one. I feel very blessed, because our agency also started a program working with children with life-threatening illnesses called “Partners In Care”(PIC), also known as “Hope Kids Care”. I work with 5 of these children on an individual basis. I love working with children, but it was initially challenging because I had very little experience in working with children during my training. I was drawn to this course because I want to expand my knowledge of childhood development, repertoire of children’s music and incorporate new techniques into my practice. I am also considering starting some music therapy group settings with some of the schools in the territory that I work. After viewing this first video, I am very excited to learn and apply the knowledge and techniques offered in this training!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content