Introduction

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Robin Jacobs

Participant

Hello, my name is Robin Jacobs and I live in Raleigh, NC. I’ve been using music therapeutically for 30+ years. I’ve worked with all age groups and many different populations. Also, I taught piano using the Suzuki Method for 20 years. When my daughter was a toddler, I created my own early-age music class and have since taught the 18-month to 3-year-old Kindermusik program, before it changed hands. I then took the Music Together training and implemented small classes for special needs and typically developing children until I moved to Raleigh from Greenville, NC 10 years ago to remarry. Presently I am doing office support for a state run Early Intervention program and have worked with children and young adults with autism very part-time the past few years. My passion has always been the birth-five population. I believe the beginnings of anything is very important; it sets a foundation and patterns for what’s to come. I’m awed at the opportunity we have to help children and their families develop a happy, interactive environment and to impact the developing child on so many levels.

I look forward to learning together with everyone! Robin

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

We are also excited to have you and the other course participants join us on this new, but quickly expanding venture. I am sure that you will have so much to offer to all of us throughout the weeks. For those of us who have been in the field for a while (okay, a long time 😉 it is going to feel good for the skills and value of music therapists to be recognized without having to go outside the field.

Alyssa Kereki

Participant

As a newly certified music therapist, the level of training and experience that you have is slghtly unfathomable to me. It’s amazing that you have participated in a range of early development trainings and have so many diverse experiences to share with the rest of us. Please continue to share your passion and helpful advice throughout this training experience!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content