Introduction

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Lisa Spall

Participant

Hi everyone!

I’m Lisa and I work for Roman Music Therapy Services with Meredith and some other very talented music therapists! I just recently hit 1 year with RMTS and LOVE running Sprouting Melodies classes. I definitely received great training and advice that I use in my sessions daily (even things like a good handshake and learning to make the right “mom” face, haha).

For the past few months I’ve been working for a collaborative as well, where I work with children with special needs from Pre K – 12+ (transition classes for young adults). My schedule has taken me out of the rotation for Sprouting Melodies classes for now, and I have truly missed leading SM classes. I absolutely adore the little ones. I feel that this class will keep me in the loop and stay connected to my favorite groups and studies. I’m taking this course because I want to keep my memory fresh and continue learning more about early childhood development. Plus I would love to expand Sprouting Melodies south of Boston! There’s always something new to learn and ways to improve your practice and yourself. I’m a very visual and experiential learner. I love seeing and hearing about things other therapists have tried and learned and putting my own spin on them. I can’t wait to see the information and dialogue to come throughout this course. Thanks everyone and it’s so nice to meet you all!

-Lisa

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

Welcome,Lisa. Meredith and I have tried to make this training very active, engaging and experiential. Enjoy!

Alyssa Kereki

Participant

Sounds like you have your hands full working with K-12+! I am actually in the process of designing and implementing a music therapy program for my local school district. Right now, I only have preschool through middle school students, but I have a feelng that will be expanding in the near future. If you have any wise words of wisdom for the road ahead, I would love to have some extra pointers!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content