Introduction

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Wei Ming Loi

Participant

Hi fellow music therapists! It’s a great experience reading through all your introductions.

My name is Wei-Ming, Loi or Wei for short. I was trained in the UK (Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge) and have been working back home in Singapore since I graduated 6 years ago. The approaches that I was exposed to during my training were the psycho-dynamic approach from my supervisor, Dr. Helen Odell Miller and the interactive approach from my other supervisor Dr. Amelia Oldfield.

I am currently working in a special school in Singapore. This school has 3 programmes spanning across age group (6 months to 18 years old) and diagnosis of children. Since my internship days in Cambridge, I love to work with children. I like the response that children gives when we sing and make music with them. About 15 months ago, I had my first child and that made me even more interested in working with the very young ones. Each developmental milestone now means something to me personally and I no longer find it difficult to remember the developmental milestones. I hope to sharpen my clinical skills in working with the young ones through the participation in this course. I look forward to learning from all of you.

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Hi Wei! It is great to have you join us all the way from Singapore! I think you’ll find a lot of the course content and conversations will apply to work with kids of all ages, and certainly to your little one at home! Congratulations and looking forward to sharing these 10 weeks together!

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

Thank you for mentioning Dr. Amelia Oldfield. Dr. Oldfield has extensive experience working with young children and families in music therapy. She has a number of books and articles on her work. Check out the resources page on the http://www.RaisingHarmony.com for a list of references early childhood music therapy and early childhood music.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content