Introduction

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Jillian Brown

Participant

Hi everyone,

My name is Jillian Brown. I live in Franklin, MA and work at Notre Dame Healthcare in Worcester, MA. I do hospice and pediatric palliative care. Notre Dame took on a grant from the Department of Public Health last May to fund a pediatric palliative care program and the program began last July.

In my clinical experience, I have worked a lot with older adults. I always thought that I would be best suited to working with adults as I never thought of myself as someone that would be good at working with children. Since taking on the pediatric palliative care program at Notre Dame, I have realized that I have a huge appreciation for work done with children and their families. I’m finding that I’m being challenged and am really enjoying the work I’m doing with children and families so much that my opinion has changed drastically.

I want to learn more about the developmental stages of children and how music can be applied to nurture and facilitate growth and well-being. I need knowledge of how to work with some of the very small children that I am working with. I feel that I am doing pretty well with the knowledge I have but could be doing so much better with some quality training that I know I will receive through this course.

I’m really looking forward to learning with everybody here. I’m so happy I signed up!

Meredith Pizzi

Hi Jillian,
      So glad to have you on board! This course will really fill in some of those pieces for you in early childhood music and needs and you’ll find Beth’s framework for early childhood musical development very helpful! I would also love to hear as the course continues if and how you think a Sprouting Melodies program might be incorporated into your pediatric hospice and palliative care setting. I am imagining a lot of possibilities!Great to have you here!
      Meredith

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content