Introduction

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Tamara Strom

Participant

Hi! My name is Tammy Strom, and I just completed my Master’s from Lesley Univeristy in May. In the course of my training, I completed my first year internship working in Early Intervention at Thom Boston Metro Early Intervention, and my second year internship at Whittier Street Health Center, working at the Carter School with kids ages 12-22 with profound and multiple disabilities, at several public schools working with kids with Autism, at at a Rehab facility working with the elderly. I moved to Ridgefield, CT in June, and was recently hired by Connecticut Music Therapy Services, which provides music therapy services for children with disabilities and the elderly. I am currently working with children on the Autism spectrum, but hope to begin early childhood parent-child groups upon completion of this training. I am very much looking forward to increasing my knowledge base for my current clients, as well as for future clients and groups, and for the increasing number of friends and family who have young children.

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

Welcome, Tammy. It’s great that you have had such a wide range of experiences. I think the developmental approach in the SM training will help put a new layer of understanding on all your other work. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Alyssa Kereki

Participant

Congratulations on completing your masters! You seem to have experience with just about every age group, which is pretty amazing. With all of your previous work in early development, what inspired you to take this Sprouting Melodies course?

Tamara Strom

Participant

Thanks so much!! I am taking this training partly for work, (once I am certified I will be running groups at our center), and partly due to great interest in working with young children. My experience working in early intervention was in my first year internship in my music therapy training, when everything in the field was new to me. I’m looking forward to experiencing this training from a different perspective now that I have several more years of experience as a music therapist.

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

And with two of your colleagues at CT Music Therapy already trained, this will be a great way for you to work as a team providing Sprouting Melodies groups. We find that having a team of us providing Sprouting Melodies classes at Roman Music Therapy Services really enriches the experience for all of us!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content