Introductions

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Amy DiLabio

Participant

Hello my name is Amy and I have been a music therapist for 6 years. I have 2 teenage children that keep me busy. Professionally, I used to work with the geriatric population in the recreation department and then as a music therapist. I have been teaching preschool for he past 3 years. I have facilitated many parent and child classes in the past with Kindermusik, but stopped because as a Music Therapist I found the musical integrity of the program to be lacking and the program to be too commercialized. I have a small piano/ voice studio in my home and I am a church musician part time. When I met Beth at an AMTA conference while participating in her workshop and heard about Sprouting Melodies, I knew that I had to dig deeper into early childhood musical development as I begin developing a MT practice and shift away from teaching preschool. I really enjoy working with small children and their families and I want to use my training as a board certified music therapist. I am looking forward to the next weeks and this class. Thank you for offering this online!

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

Welcome, Amy. Meredith and I are both mothers, and we think all the time of other music therapists who are parents and want to keep working while being with their family in those precious years. We hope that Sprouting Melodies can keep talented valuable music therapists in the field while raising a family.

Alyssa Kereki

Participant

Amy – It’s wonderful that you are further exploring your passion for music therapy. Breaking away from your familiar routine is scary, and I give you credit for knowing what you want and taking the steps to make it happen!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content