Looking Ahead

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

• Share what you are most looking forward to as you become a Sprouting Melodies provider or use this course material to transform your practice.

Amy DiLabio

Participant

I am thankful for some new ideas and songs to use with my students. I am looking forward to putting these into practice and being able to utilize Sprouting Melodies when the time comes for me to take my practice to the next step.

Laura Montesano

Participant

I am looking forward to having a ‘built in’ community of early childhood music therapists that I can access. It is also great to have the details of developmental levels of music and what to look for, on hand to refer to and share with parents. Very helpful.

Angie Carter

Participant

I am looking forward to bringing families together and providing bonding experiences for parents. I feel there is so much that I missed out on in baby and toddlerhood because someone wasn’t there telling me to notice the little things along the way. I am truly hoping to establish groups in our community as I know there is tremendous need and have parents asking regularly.

Tamara Strom

Participant

I am looking forward to sharing the excitement of the many development milestones as the children and parents experience them for the first time. I am looking forward to being a part of the children’s early development. I also look forward to bringing new songs to my current music therapy practice.

Lisa Spall

Participant

I’m excited to expand Sprouting Melodies into the south shore someday. It’s still a little while down the road until I can get settled and get a real plan together, but I think it could be a great thing considering it’s taking off so wonderfully in the north shore 🙂 (above Boston for those of you far away!)

Alyssa Kereki

Participant

I am looking forward to branching out into my community and sharing music therapy with a larger population. There is so much potential in my community for me to make a difference, it will just take a lot of time and hardwork to get the ball rolling!

Meredith Pizzi

Alyssa, You are right on about the time and hardwork! Beth and I keep coming back to the 3 P’s – Professionalism, Persistence and Passion! You must have those three things in place to carry any new program forward. You have to believe in it fully, believe in the value so that you can ask others to pay you fairly for your time and experience, you have to provide great, professional services, and then just be absolutely determined to persevere through all of the challenges. And isn’t that what life is all about in general?? Persevere with Passion!

Cindy Humphreys

Participant

I am excited about using the Sprouting Melodies format for my group sessions, and including the parent education piece. Already I feel more confident when talking with parents about their child’s responses to music and development. I too am looking forward to having access to the Sprouting Melodies community for additional support and future training.

Robin Jacobs

Participant

I am grateful to have musical developmental guidelines correlated to developmental milestones. Not only for being a more effective music therapist but also being able to interact with other professionals that might be working with children in my groups in more of a medical jargon and have the confidence of what I’m saying is research based.

I’m not sure how I will implement these new groups yet!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content