Personal Reflection

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies – Sept 2021 Week 2 Personal Reflection

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous

Inactive

Post to the board a personal reflection of what you personally will bring to early childhood music therapy-based programs.

Rachel Sedmak

Participant

I will bring a love of small children and a sense of play. I’m not afraid to be silly! I am hoping to create a welcoming, nonjudgmental space where children and caregivers can come to be present in the moment and share quality time together.

Mikelia Wallace

Participant

This has been very informative, as I work with kiddos from 4 to 20 with developmental disabilities and I am a new professional. Getting a better picture of what typical development looks like is very helpful, as I am in the world of disability and development looks so different across this population. I hope that this information will help me be able to assess my clients more effectively and thus, create a better treatment plan.

Favor Chujor

Participant

Just as Rachel said, I want to establish a sense of play in my sessions! I want children to feel like they have the space to explore and make sense of their world in a safe environment with their families. But I also will be bringing a better sense of awareness of what that space will look like for each child, depending on their developmental level.

Amy Berggren

Participant

I’m hoping to bring shared knowledge into my sessions. I work with a lot of first-time moms/families in need and they haven’t had the opportunity to learn what is going on developmentally with their children. I hope to help them better understand development as well as show them how music can be a fun and effective way to aid in the development of their children

Sophia Paravalos

Participant

I hope to bring my enthusiasm for curiosity and emphasis on imagination and play to my sessions with early childhood. This is an age when everything is so new and magical and I think that the emphasis on being playful and curious through interaction with objects and peers allows for the best learning experiences.

Erik Hylan

Participant

I am looking forward to bringing silly, goofy, and a playful approach to my groups and individuals in early childhood. While also creating a warm and conducive space for encouraging appropriate development, growth, and relationships between children and care givers.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content