How are you planning on sharing this information with colleagues, administrators and families?

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – September 2016 Week 10 How are you planning on sharing this information with colleagues, administrators and families?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Victoria Fansler

Participant

I have been invited to speak to Early Childhood Education classes and to present a half-day workshop for Early Headstart providers. The goal of these trainings is to encourage adults who work with children but do not consider themselves musicians to feel more confident and competent in making music meaningfully with young children. Much of the information we have learned here can be incredibly helpful for non-music therapists, such as classroom teachers who could use some musical support in creating smooth classroom transitions.

I also certainly hope to become a central resource for families and other stakeholders in the Tulalip community. As we increase our grant funding and program presence in the community, this role as a resource will continue to grow. School and community center administrators have already begun approaching us as a consultant or support to their goals with families and children as well.

Peggy Grace

Participant

I plan on sharing this information with the MT’s that I work with at my agency. I also plan to provide an in-service on music therapy with special needs children and compare that to typical development, and how music can be adapted to support the growth of the special needs child. Since I have frequent contact with the children’s parents, I am glad that I have more knowledge about growth and how the music can be adapted for the special needs child.

Our local university, Florida Gulf Coast University, started a new music therapy program about 2 years ago. I can certainly use what I’ve learned from this course as a resource for educating students and possible interns we may have in the future.

Joanne Van Eycke

Participant

I have begun a partnership with an early childhood center in my community. We are currently discussing an in-service for the staff as well as a workshop for the parents. The center serves about 1,200 children ages 0-5 and I am looking forward to sharing Sprouting Melodies with them.

Courtney Kjaldgaard

Participant

I plan on sharing and advertising information on Sprouting Melodies classes through local community centres, such as the YMCA, local daycares and the city library. I do a lot of advertising and marketing on social media and share information about my music classes on parent forums and parent Facebook groups. I am in the process of signing up to be a member of the local Chamber of Commerce and I have a number of friends and acquaintances in the community who work directly with families (including social workers, teachers and daycare providers) and who are aware of my services and advocate on my behalf.

Anonymous

Inactive

Wonderful plans everyone! I wish you all the best as you move forward working in early childhood and/or Sprouting Melodies.

Megan Neil

Participant

I am fortunate that at my facility there are 3 other music therapists one of which has been here for 12+ years. I know that this individual has done a lot of educating and in-services for staff. However, when I become/feel more confident I would like to do this as well! My company is split into a team model & I am the only MT on my team. I think it would be helpful for me to share this information with my team of PTs, OTs, SLPs, etc. to help conceptualize the use of music in early childhood development. I have seen Beth present at conferences many times and she always focuses on the MUSIC. As MTs we spend so much time TALKING about what we do but something is usually left out by doing this- the music! I think that when presenting these concepts & ideas simple demonstrations with few words truly go a long way!

Tori Clark

Participant

I will be sharing this information in a variety of ways. With parents, I will be sharing information and research related to development (especially as it relates to music), as well as practical ideas of how to incorporate music into daily routines with their children. I also feel more empowered to advocate to my colleagues how vital music therapy is for the development of the early learners we serve. On a more personal note, my 2yo’s daycare sent out an email last week asking if any parents would be willing to lead an inservice for their staff on any issue related to young children. I quickly emailed back and said, “I can!!!” So I will have an opportunity to talk about music therapy and early childhood. A great opportunity to plant seeds!

Debrah Evans

Participant

First, I’m hoping to share this information with administrators and leaders in the community through presentations and workshops, until I am able to find a place that agrees that this will be a great program for the community. Within the program, I plan on talking to the parents about. Once I establish a program in my community, I’m looking forward to keeping parents up to date with the newest research in the field with monthly newsletter, and through the help of social media. It will be some time before I start this, but I can’t wait to educate the teachers and parents at the preschool where I am currently working and to tell them about all this new knowledge that I’ve gained over the course of this course!

Janet Buchanan

Participant

First of all, I’m very excited to share some of this information with a colleague who is seriously considering doing the Sprouting Melodies training herself! Early next year, I’ve been offered the opportunity to do an inservice at the preschool where I used to work. I plan on sharing some music therapy research about young children, and it will be very helpful to bring up some of the developmentally-appropriate music responses. Hopefully they will come away with some new information, new ideas about music, and some good reasons to use even more music in their classrooms! Sometime soon I would also like to start a program in my own community and share the things I have learned with parents and teachers.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content