Share What Most Excites You

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies – January 2023 Week 9 Share What Most Excites You

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Julie Palmieri

Participant

Share what most excites you most about bringing the ideas and music from this training to the children and families in your community.

Sean FitzGerald

Participant

I would say that what most excites me is being able to create a safe space for children and their parents to grow and connect together. Just the fact that this space can exist for a demographic of clients and parents who could really utilize and enjoy it is wonderful. I think that is one of the main reasons that most of us get into music therapy in the first place so it makes sense too! I also love having the skills to not only help the kids grow but to also help the parents to learn and grow as parents. That is just an opportunity that you don’t see too often in sessions so it is very interesting!

Kayla Stubblefield

Participant

What excites me the most is getting to see families come out for accessible and affordable music resources that they can use at home. Athens is one of the poorest counties in Ohio, and to be able to see that music is accessible is refreshing. It makes me think back to my childhood and wish I had the opportunity to be engaged in a SM session! I am also excited to see the children develop as they progress through SM.

Kayla Stubblefield

Participant

Seeing them connect together is amazing!

Angie Snell

Participant

Well said, Sean. This course does give us more ways to empower others to extend the benefits of music therapy beyond the therapy sessions.

Jorden Liteplo

Participant

I think what excites me most is having some new material to bring to my own classes, because not only do I have the songs presented here, but I’ve been having to write down a number of ideas I have had as I go. When I signed up for this class I was just feeling a bit…well stuck quite frankly and now I feel like I’ve had a bit of a jump start. As an added bonus I’ve got some new language and a revamped developmental framework to offer/ teach to parents that I have already been integrating for a few weeks. I feel like I have a lot of practical things specific to my practice I can use right away and I don’t always feel this way when attending conferences. As my business is really growing, I’m really excited to integrate some of the marketing. community building strategies that were touched on.

Kayla Stubblefield

Participant

What excites me the most is getting to see families come out for accessible and affordable music resources that they can use at home. Athens is one of the poorest counties in Ohio, and to be able to see that music is accessible is refreshing. It makes me think back to my childhood and wish I had the opportunity to be engaged in a SM session! I am also excited to see the children develop as they progress through SM..

Leah Strand

Participant

I think this will b a great opportunity for the community of Athens county to have an extra layer of support.

Leah Strand

Participant

I think what excites me most is being able to be apart of that developmental journey for kiddos and their families. I want to be a resource in the community and having sprouting melodies in my tool belt is going to be a great way to really reach the younger children where they need it most. making music as accessible as possible has always been a key factor in my practice and the added bonus of helping parents bond with their children is something else I look forward to sharing.

Angie Snell

Participant

The developmental framework empowers music therapists to more effectively articulate to others what we are assessing, as well as how and why we are designing our approaches. The framework also gives music therapists a clearer way to organize our assessment, especially those in-the-moment assessments, so we can make good clinical decisions. And this translates well in multiple settings and with multiple ages.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content