Share What Most Excites You

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies – June 2023 Week 9 Share What Most Excites You

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Julie Palmieri

Participant

Share what most excites you most about bringing the ideas and music from this training to the children and families in your community.

Sarah Braverman

Participant

What excites me is seeing how the children and families bond with one another and have fun in a shared music experience. There were two clients that I worked with last week in an in-home session. It was the first time that I did an in-home session with these clients and that their parents were involved in the session with them. For the mom, it was the first time that she got to see what I do with her kids in our music therapy sessions together. When I saw these kids at the facility where I work, the dad would always take them and he was a bit more distant with his kids. The kids would also sometimes appear to have bored expressions on their faces. During the in-home session, the dad was more involved in the music with his kids. The kids also appeared to be more lively in the music and move about the session space. It was amazing to see that not only were the kids having fun and getting excited about the music in the session but the parents were too. The kids and their parents appeared to be more relaxed (probably because the music was taking place in a familiar environment) and as a result appeared to look like they were having more fun during our time together.

Talia Morales

Participant

What excited me most is to take the information I’ve learned and apply it to my practice in the school based setting (on-going assessments) and also in the development of the Spanish songs I am in the process of writing.

Julie Palmieri

Participant

This course has inspired me to imagine the possibilities of early childhood music and early childhood music therapy in my community.

It’s interesting to take the course now after several years of clinical experience, several years of early childhood music classes, and being a parent for 15 years. I’m truly equipped with these tools and resources to lead any future early childhood music groups in my area.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content