Share What Most Excites You

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies – March 2023 Week 9 Share What Most Excites You

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Julie Palmieri

Participant

Share what most excites you most about bringing the ideas and music from this training to the children and families in your community.

Kimberly Werner

Participant

What excites me the most about bringing the ideas and music from this training to the children and families in my community is the opportunity to further create connection between individuals and families that may otherwise not have the opportunity to meet. I believe in helping people to feel more rooted in their communities, and strongly feel that this is a key indicator of psychosocial well-being. Particularly in a “melting pot” city like NYC, so many of our local families have moved here with little to no other family close by, so their other social connections become a “chosen family” of sorts – these become friends that can be relied upon to help with child care, friendship/compansionship, and social support.

Katelyn Caruso

Participant

So many things about this training excite me! First of all, having a deeper understanding and a musical framework to work within regarding developmental stages and interactions with music has already been so helpful in my work, particularly with developmentally disabled adults. It has given me ideas about songs and types of songs to incorporate in my sessions which have elicited some unique and interactive responses. I also just find work with young children and families exciting in general, and it is so meaningful to be able to offer support at that stage of life. I hope that more work with young children is in my future as I now feel well- equipped to support them and their individual needs.

Christine Wick

Participant

I’m excited about the confidence boost this course has given me with regards to increasing my knowledge of the developmental framework. I’m really looking forward to being able to provide meaningful supports to families within my community that can be readily tailored to specific age groups and needs.

Maggie Johnson

Participant

I’m excited to experience the joy of this work and to offer something in my community that is expertly catered to children’s developmental levels and is so supportive of parents and providing a space for families to empower themselves and their community. I’m also very excited to bring these concepts to the older folx I work with. I look forward to a much more nuanced level of collaboration with caregivers and families, and I feel inspired to write original music with the intention of touching the hearts of children and their families.

Melissa Neitzel

Participant

I am excited to offer a group where a caregiver and child can have dedicated time for bonding. I think it’s also exciting that sprouting melodies can support a child’s development from brith to age 5. There is a lot of cool things a child does during this time frame and it is pretty special to be able to provide an additional space for development. We get to foster an environment for the child to grow confidently and the parents get to be active participants in the process as well. I also appreciate the developmental framework provided- it has enhanced my current practice.

Leslie Aldrich

Participant

What excites me the most about bringing these ideas to my community is that there is really nothing else like this in my community. I see a real need for children and family friendly programming and I feel really good about offering this to help meet that need in the community because it’s not only fun, but it’s really developmentally appropriate and helpful for growing little ones and the relationship they have with their caregivers.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content