Share what you are most looking forward to as you become a Sprouting Melodies provider.

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – September 2013 Week 9 Share what you are most looking forward to as you become a Sprouting Melodies provider.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Stacy Reno

Participant

My job is full time so I will not be pursuing the Sprouting Melodies provider status now, but who knows what the future holds!? What I would look forward to, if I became a provider, is the age divisions. It would be nice to be able to narrow the focus down! The online group would be another aspect that sounds enticing. MT’s to share ideas, ask questions, and bond!

Petra Paukova

Participant

Well, I only have part time job. I took this course knowing I really want to do it. I am not just taking it for credit. 🙂 So, I definitely am looking for more info about marketing and promoting this great program here in Arizona.

Coleen Shanagher

Participant

I also don’t know that becoming a provider fits into my career at this particular moment, but took the training for the developmental knowledge of each specific age. It’s great to know that if I wanted to pursue it in the future I have taken this step and would have the encouraging environment to support that decision. It makes going private practice on my own seem like it could actually be a possibility!

Anonymous

Inactive

Coleen I recently started a private practice and will be offering Sprouting Melodies for the first time this January. I can say that I have many parents very excited about the classes. So, I believe it is a great service to add to a private practice if you ever decide to pursue that avenue. I can also concur with all of you that the training really helped to improve my skills with young children and developmental knowledge. I also want to add that Meredith, Beth, and the Raising Harmony family are a fantastic support and resource!

Keeley St Clair

Participant

Hi everyone!
      Pardon my lag in getting to the forum – I’ve been laid out for over a week with a terrible cold/flu and am finally feeling semi-normal again.
      I’m not 100% sure that I will be taking the Sprouting Melodies journey, but I really do hope to. I am most excited about getting my feet wet in these groups and trying these songs and experiences out. I am also excited to work more with children again as in the last year my clients have been predominantly elders and adults with disabilities.

Andrea U

Participant

I am currently awaiting my official status of accreditation here in chilly Canada (vs. the American board-certified position) but what I particularly like about SM is the ability to bridge so many things together – education, therapy, music, parenting, community (and the list goes on and on!) I do hope to eventually become a SM provider as I get further into my Music Therapy career but that has been the most exciting part for me with this course.

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

I would love to come up and present at a Canadian conference! I think the call for papers is open now.

Toni

Participant

I am looking forward to launching the SM program, hopefully in January. I have been approached by our local paper about advertising my services (for my business) weekly for 6 months at a special promotional ad rate. I plan to begin my marketing by announcing classes at our multicultural center, with space and some grant $$ provided by the Southwest Indian Foundation.

I look forward to connecting to the community as a SM provider and possibly connecting families to others services they may need.

I look forward to growing my business by providing children with this solid foundation and love for music.

Thank you, Elizabeth and Meredith, for offering this opportunity to all MT-BC’s!

Lauren Stoner

Participant

I am most looking forward to be able to provide opportunities for my community. I think it would be very rewarding to work with families and young children. This can be a very excited, exhausting, creative, and discovery part of life for families and to be a part of that journey would be a joy. While I am unsure when I will be able to start a program, I am happy to have been through this program as I feel this will be help me as I move forward. The key will be to step outside my comfort zone.

Erin Spring

Participant

I’m really looking forward to giving parents a new avenue to bond and interact with their child, as well as help parents and caregivers learn strategies for addressing negative behaviors. I also very much look forward to having a new way of demonstrating the advantages gained from utilizing a board-certified music therapist over those who do music groups with significantly less training.

Kathryn Opher

Participant

I took this course for reminders of development and to better educate my students and interns as to continuing ed that is meaningful. This certainly is.
      Thank you

Shannon Kiley

Participant

I’m looking forward to having a greater competency in working with this age group moving forward… I’ve already learned so much just doing the training!

Sarah Tree

Participant

I’m looking forward to being a resource to the parents in ways that may help them to bond and play with their child, as well as practical ways they can use music in their homes to improve the lives of their families. And of course, I’m really looking forward to having fun making music with the little ones!

Jennifer Sokira

Participant

My practice already is a Sprouting Melodies Provider, and the co-director of my company has completed the training. I am looking forward to joining her in offering a wider range of classes, as well as networking more deeply with the Early Childhood community in our area!

Kehlen Bushatz

Participant

My teaching job keeps me pretty busy so I am not pursuing becoming a sprouting melodies provider at this time. I took this course because I wanted to further my knowledge of music therapy in early childhood because I teach preschool special ed. and use a lot of music therapy techniques/ experiences with my students. I have learned a lot and will share my thoughts in the next post!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content