Share what you are most looking forward to as you become a Sprouting Melodies provider.

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – April 2013 Week 9 Share what you are most looking forward to as you become a Sprouting Melodies provider.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Emily Seymour

Participant

As a recent graduate, I’ve had plenty of opportunities to network with fellow students.  In this class it’s been great to connect with other professional music therapists who have more experience working in the field.  As a Sprouting Melodies provider I would look forward to learning from the community of Sprouting Melodies music therapists.  What I’d look forward to most, however, is working with the infants and toddlers themselves.

Vanessa Talbott

Participant

I have really enjoyed learning about early childhood music therapy by music therapists and for music therapists. I am looking forward to taking what I have learned and applying it to my current work. I look forward to learning about the nuts and bolts of being a Sprouting Melodies provider in the next week.

Anonymous

Inactive

I am so glad I chose to take this training! I have learned so much about child development and running early child groups from a developmental perspective! I am really looking forward to changing my work back to working with young children and including Sprouting Melodies into the mix! It will be very interesting to see how things unfold as I really put everything we have learned into practice. I am also looking forward to being a Provider and having a network of excellent professionals to connect and consult with!

Kristen Macleod

Participant

I have loved learning about music and early childhood and I am really looking forward to implementing these new skills into my work.  I think being a part of the sprouting melodies community sounds so great. It will be nice to have that support network!

Kristen Macleod

Participant

Also- sorry I won’t be joining you all on the conference call this evening. I hope it goes well and i will look forward to hearing the recording. It would be really nice to chat with you all but I’m on a time difference ahead of you all here in Scotland and it will be pretty late here.

Lauren Bevilacqua

I think the network of other providers and the business/trademark materials are aspects that I look forward to most about Sprouting Melodies. Being able to send/receive referrals, discuss experiences or challenges in providing classes, and collecting new songs and resources is exciting. But what is more appealing to me is that the business side of it has been determined and worked out. As a business owner and private practice MT, I appreciate the legwork that has already been done, so that I can go out and have a business model in place for these classes. 

Lisa Klostermann

Participant

I have enjoyed learning so many new ideas, songs, and parent ed tips. Thank you for that. The online Sprouting Melodies forum definitely sounds like the most appealing part of being a SM provider.

Megan Goddu

Participant

I have enjoyed learning about early childhood music therapy. As a recent graduate, I have had a lot of experience through clinical hours and such in different populations; however not a lot in early childhood music therapy. It was on really addressed in my college course work. I enjoyed this opportunity to learn more about it before attempting to build my own practice with it. The online forum sounds likes a wonderful way to network as well as to have a support system.

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

Just a reminder that you can listen to the conference call at your leisure. You will find the link on the Week 9 information page.

Carla Carnegie

Participant

I have really enjoyed the course material, and learning from each of you participating in this online forum with me.  I most look forward to being able to extend my music therapy business to include young children and their families.  As you stated, it is not a side line business, but really an extension of what we already do and are as music therapists.  This will definitely help bring music therapy as an allied health profession to the general public in a different way and level than I am working at currently.  I  value the community and continued learning and support to both us as music therapists, and to the families we serve that will be offered through being a member of the Raising Harmony/Sprouting Melodies family.

Carla Carnegie

Participant

I have really enjoyed the course material, and learning from each of you participating in this online forum with me.  I most look forward to being able to extend my music therapy business to include young children and their families.  As you stated, it is not a side line business, but really an extension of what we already do and are as music therapists.  This will definitely help bring music therapy as an allied health profession to the general public in a different way and level than I am working at currently.  I  value the community and continued learning and support to both us as music therapists, and to the families we serve that will be offered through being a member of the Raising Harmony/Sprouting Melodies family.

Carla Carnegie

Participant

Carla Carnegie

Participant

Jillian Brown

Participant

I feel that this training has provided me with a lot of knowledge about early childhood and music therapy that I really wasn’t familiar with before I took the training. I’m excited to continue to apply what I’ve learned from this training in the work I am doing in pediatric palliative care. I will be doing some upcoming music therapy groups with young children with life limiting illnesses and their siblings and I’m so thankful to have gained some knowledge and skills to use.

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

Glad you found the material useful. We would love to keep in touch as you expand your practice.

Michelle Muth

Participant

Personally, I enjoy working with young children and learn a great deal from them.  A new mantra of mine is to try and live in the moment and what better way to have that reinforced than to work with young children who do exactly that – live in the moment.  
      From a business viewpoint I believe there is a really need for SM in my immediate area (30 minutes north of Pittsburgh).  There are few (If any) programs for early childhood music and I have been asked by parents at different events if I offer programs for young children.  This confirms my belief and research that there is a real need in my immediate community.  I believe that offering SM programs in this community will fill a great need.

In the Pittsburgh area there are some of the standard music programs –  Kindermusik, Music Together – as the main two programs.  After going through the SM Training I feel that this is an excellent program and fills a gap, not met in the others, of building a cooperative and educational relationship with the parents. I’ve been enjoying the music and really learning the value of the functional language along with quality music that is not overdone with instruments or other accompaniment. 

I am excited to start offering SM programs in the Pittsburgh area!

Michelle Muth

Participant

I just read through people’s responses and I have a hearty “AMEN” to Lauren’s entry that the business side of SM is basically already taken care of.  I don’t have to recreate marking materials, research online registration systems, research appropriate and sturdy instruments – Sprouting Melodies/Raising Harmony has already done that.  As a business owner this is making the launch of the SM program so much easier.  I still have a lot of work todo but it is probably 20% of what I would have had to do otherwise if building the program from scratch.  Thanks Meredith and Beth!

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

You are welcome!

Courtney Fanello

Participant

I love that Sprouting Melodies is a nationally branded program with support behind it. It really helps when i describe the program to parents and give me that extra boost in marketing value. But I also really do appraciate working and collaborating with people who love the same things I do, Making children blossom through music:)

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content