Share Your Experiences Using These Songs

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies – June 2021 Week 3 Share Your Experiences Using These Songs

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous

Inactive

Learn and sing some of the songs presented in the videos.  Share your experiences using these songs on forum.

Maria Ramey

Participant

I only see a video for the embedded songs, although there are pdf’s for slides from several categories. Are some videos missing?

Erika Svolos

Hi Maria,

I believe the question was regarding the embedded songs and you could also take a look at the songs in the PDF’s. I will reach out to Meredith and Elizabeth to ask them.

Maria Ramey

Participant

Thanks. The pdfs are quite small with 3 slides as well as note-taking space on each page which makes it difficult to see the music notes etc.

Maria Ramey

Participant

That’s ok now though as I’ve finally located my You and Me Make We songbook that I’d purchased some time ago! 🙂

Erika Svolos

Thank you for that feedback! Meredith and Elizabeth are going to be sending something out shortly as this all used to be in one week but stretched things out to the next few weeks as it was a lot to do in one week. I’m so glad you found the book!

Samantha Springer

Participant

I haven’t had the chance to use the embedded songs or the songs from the PDFs in a session yet. I will use them later this week and then report back!

Samantha Springer

Participant

I finally had the opportunity to use the “Tickle Song” in a session. However, I used it much differently than what they had described in the videos. The client that I used this song with was curled up on their chair and was less engaged than usually. However, I started to sing this song and used it like it “game” and they started to laugh and got off of their chair and reengaged in the session. Like the video mentioned, I found that this song was great for establishing trust and closeness as well as interacting with the client in a way that they enjoyed in that moment.

Erika Svolos

What a great way to adapt this song. Thank you for sharing!

Mikelia Wallace

Participant

I was able to use “you have two eyes” with a client, typically with her I use different songs to promote body awareness, and it was nice to switch it up, she was actively engaged (AEB eyes forward and smiling,) it is not uncommon for her to not make the body movements as prompted as this is beyond her developmental level at this time, however, her mom assists.

I found it very interesting to work on the concepts of you and me with my client with this song. The client I used it with required moderate tactile assist to alternate hands and feet, but still exhibited pleasure by smiling and asking for more with sign language.

I used “You Have Two Eyes” switching it to hands and feet with a client who has no vision. She responded with what seemed like joy exhibiting smiling and mouth movements. She often touches my hands/pants/shirt so I was able to also sing “You have a shirt/pants…” We are working on vocalizing/verbalizing to sound and silence and hope as she becomes more familiar with the song she will start “filling in the blanks” and vocalizing more. It was interesting to see she exhibited frowning when I sang the end of the song with the rising thirds.

Samantha Springer

Participant

I love the potential idea about “filling in the blanks” once they become more familiar with this song and your adaptation for using “pants/shirts” etc. Great ideas! I may end up using them as well. =)

Maria Ramey

Participant

Although I’ve not had an appropriate session to use them with a client yet, I’ve sung and played through some of the songs, including “You Have Two Eyes” and “Comin’ to Get You,” and really like how direct they are. They make it clear to the child what is happening, what connection they have with the singer, and raise awareness of body/self.

Erika Svolos

Great insights! We find that spending some time with the music helps to connect back to the materials presented in the training.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content