Share Your Experiences Using These Songs

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies – Sept 2021 Week 3 Share Your Experiences Using These Songs

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous

Inactive

Learn and sing some of the songs presented in the videos.  Share your experiences using these songs on forum.

Rachel Sedmak

Participant

The embedded songs were very easy to learn with simple, repetitive melodies and words. Since I don’t currently have clients, I tried out a couple of them with my 5-year-old. We sang “Just Like Me” using the drum with hands and then feet as Meredith had suggested. My daughter thought it was the greatest thing to play with her feet because I’m usually telling her not to put her feet on things. I tried the tickle song with her even though it’s meant for a much younger child and she was NOT a fan of that one. It was a good reminder that songs should be appropriate for the child’s developmental stage.

Amy Berggren

Participant

I loved using the tickle song in my mom and infant groups this week! The babies in the group range in age from 1 week old to 9 months old; it was really interesting to see how babies of different ages reacted to the song and interacted with the parent during music this week!

Erika Svolos

It is wonderful to hear how you are exploring the music and the experiences you are all having with it!

Favor Chujor

Participant

I found myself singing “Just Like Me” throughout the week! I love that it’s so simple and reflective our natural speech pattern. Having that natural speech pattern embedded in a familiar musical cadence is an amazing way to introduce young children to safe social interactions with others.

Mikelia Wallace

Participant

I was able to use “you have two eyes” with a client, typically with her I use different songs to promote body awareness, and it was nice to switch it up, she was actively engaged (AEB eyes forward and smiling,) it is not uncommon for her to not make the body movements as prompted as this is beyond her developmental level at this time, however, her mom assists.

Sophia Paravalos

Participant

I was able to use the tickle song in an early childhood group class and it worked so well in including a parent that did not normally accompany a certain child to the group. The child had presented slightly different than he had in previous sessions with his other caregiver taking him but adding a silly song that brought some giggles seem to rekindle the bond they had outside of music into music thime.

Erik Hylan

Participant

I observed a Music Therapist with a sprouting melodies group that utilized the song “Just Like Me”. The babies absolutely loved the song and often grabbed for the corresponding body parts. They also giggled or vocalized at the end of phrases and during musical pauses. The caregivers were singing along and helped model during the experience. It was great to see that this simple song got the whole room involved to support the children who were present.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content