Share Your Experiences Using These Three Songs

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies – June 2023 Week 3 Share Your Experiences Using These Three Songs

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Julie Palmieri

Participant

Learn and sing some of the songs presented in the videos. Share your experiences using these songs on forum.

Sarah Braverman

Participant

I sang the song “Just Like Me” and “Car On My Knee” while I was watching the videos. I really liked the predictability and repetition of the lyrics in the “Just Like Me” song. I’m thinking that it would be a good song for me to try this week because I have two clients who do a lot of parallel play and I think the song would be great way to engage them in play with others. I also enjoy the rhythm of the “Car On My Knee” song. I have a client who I’m seeing tomorrow who likes cars and we just started working on rhythm last week. It would be good to incorporate something that he likes as part of building up his rhythm skills.

Erika (TeamRH)

Keymaster

Hi Sarah,

We would love to hear how everything went with the songs this week.

So glad you are able to try things out in your current clinical work.

Talia Morales

Participant

looking forward to hearing how it goes trying out those songs with your client this week Sarah!

Sarah Braverman

Participant

I used the song “Just Like Me” without words in one of my sessions this week and played the beat on the drum. The client I was working with smiled and giggled while I was playing the drum. We also did some hand over hand on the drum as well to the beat of the song.

Erika (TeamRH)

Keymaster

So wonderful to hear! Thank you for coming back to share with us 🙂

Brooke Langley

Participant

I love the idea of singing the song while using a drum or other instrument to emphasize our body parts and help incorporate touch!

Talia Morales

Participant

I LOVE the simplicity and repetitive nature of these embedded songs! Great reminder of how to use musical elements that align with developmental levels to encourage joint attention, joint referencing and the beauty of music as an anticipatory cue. It inspired some songwriting in Spanish to target similar concepts and Im excited to try it out with my little nephew who is 14 months:)

Julie Palmieri

Participant

I love the concept of embedded songs – music that literally accompanies your everyday activities. I remember the many diaper changing songs – usually improvised. The tooth brushing song that was sung every night for YEARS.

I remember just laughing and laughing while singing a peanut butter and jelly song at lunch for a good two weeks in a row when my oldest was really into peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Brooke Langley

Participant

I love the “Car on My Knee” song! As a new mom, I totally understand that “mom guilt” of not feeling like I’m having meaningful play time. Now that my son is older, it’s easier, but when he was an infant…. I just didn’t know what to do to bond with him! I’ll definitely be using this song for our next child to help “play” and bond with them and elicit those sweet baby giggles!
      As for every day embedded songs, after watching this training, I came up with one last week to help my son start getting ready for bedtime! This summer has been hard getting him to stop playing and start picking up and lately he’s been DRAGGING OUT the bedtime routine. So now I’ve been singing to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star: “Brush our teeth, get a drink, put on our pajamas and take our medicine. Read a book, say our prayers, sing a song and give a kiss.” It’s been helping him move through the routine a little faster!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content