Share Your Thoughts

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Share what you are most looking forward to as you become a Sprouting Melodies provider.

Laura Myers

Participant

I am most looking forward to beginning my work with younger children. Many years ago I was given the opportunity to take over a Musikgarten practice, but with working full time, being in grad school,having a young child, and a husband also working full time while also completing his doctorate, it just wasn’t the right time. Fast forward 7 years… I’m mow working part time with a daughter in 3rd grade and a daughter who is 16 months. I’ve been thinking very seriously about starting work with young kids. My life is still busy, but I am hoping to do SM as a small part time commitment to provide early childhood music to my community. Who knows, it may develop into something bigger 🙂

I have truely enjoyed learning this material. Will the videos still be available to watch after our training session has ended? I would like to go back and review some of it again. Thanks!

Ian Crawford

Participant

If I decide to become a Sprouting Melodies provider, I would really look forward to working more closely with families. I currently work in a pre-school/day treatment facility that has family-centered care as one of its priorities, but there are still many cases where I never even meet some of my clients’ parents. I see one group of 0-18 months kiddos, but none of the parents are present during music time, so I don’t get to see them interact together. I would love to share these music experiences in a community setting where there is a greater possibility of communication and family interaction.

BJ Waelz

Participant

I am looking forward to the relationship with families and providing a program for young children to help with development and skill building through music. As a music therapist I am aware of music’s powerful effects on the human mind and body! I have witnessed children and adults accomplish things no one believed they would through the power of music therapy. Using music at this stage of rapid development for these little humans is a no brainer. What an awesome way to provide support in development, relationship building and skill development in a relaxed and fun environment. The songs are songs that families will be singing and using at home, providing consistent support. I am excited at the opportunity to expand my skills and work with little babies as well as older toddlers. This is an area I am less experienced in, however, I see a need for this type of early learning program in my area.

Anonymous

Inactive

Laura the videos will be available for the a few weeks after the training. But, if you become a Sprouting Melodies Provider you will have free access in the Provider section to watch whenever you want a refresher.

Lysa Wright

Participant

I am very excited about Sprouting Melodies! I’ve been working with this age group for about 3 years now, but in the setting of daycare centers. I typically don’t get to meet most parents, however, I’ve had the experience of having the daycare provider telling me via the parent how much their child loves music and that they have learned things from what I’m currently doing. I am most excited about the great information on child development and musical development, it will be great to be able to educate and support families with this new knowledge.

Shonda Malik

Participant

I am looking forward to having tools to help me find enough families to run a class. I have tried a few different things over the years like running a class at the local YMCA, a local creative arts center and a local activity center but there was never enough sign-ups to run the class. I hope to begin this process by offering a monthly class at my local library as Meredith has done.

Kristina Rio

Participant

I’m so excited to have such great therapists out there creating new programs and sharing the knowledge learned in this course!

Anonymous

Inactive

Shonda I think you will also find all of the support from Meredith and Beth along with the other providers helpful for the business side of filling classes and starting a program!

Ericha Rupp

Participant

Again sorry this response didn’t post as well. 🙁 I am looking forward to becoming a SM provider once I find the need within my community. Once I have established enough need to start then I cannot wait for the start educating families with what I have learned during this training. This training has been incredibly helpful with finding “family friendly” terminology to speak with families about their growing families. This training has also helped me create a great bank of additional songs and activities to my repertoire that I can’t wait to start utilizing and practicing within my current work as an MT. Also on a side note I look forward to the day when I can meet you all, Erika, Kristina, Beth, and Meredith, in person at a conference. Thanks again ladies for this wonderful opportunity and I look forward to keeping in touch with you all.

Adrienne Salmon

Participant

I am looking forward to applying the knowledge of where each kiddo should approximately be developmentally, and appropriately building my sessions upon that. I have, in the past, thought a child should be at a different point developmentally, and expected a certain result that I did not get. I am really looking forward to applying this knowledge to my session planning. I also am looking forward to using some of the language that I have learned, as Ericha called it, “family friendly” terminology, in talking to parents and family members. Sometimes, it is really hard to describe what we do and why in terms that others will understand. This gave us a whole arsenal of terminology to use with families that they will be sure to understand. And furthermore, I am looking forward to further integrating all of the great songs and activities into my sessions.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content