Share Your Thoughts

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – January 2015 Week 9 Share Your Thoughts

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Share what you are most looking forward to as you become a Sprouting Melodies provider.

Jessica Bogacik

Participant

I am most looking forward to the joy of learning – including my own learning, as I gain more experience working with young children, and also witnessing the incredible steps that each child takes as they develop. I also look forward to the parents of the children learning how to use music with their children at home, and learning positive parenting skills. I am excited to connect with families in this area and share my joy for music!

Leigh Ann Walberg

Participant

I have loved the training and all the wisdom on the growth levels and all the new music, I ordered the songbook and can’t wait to dig in when it comes. At this point in my life, I have no desire to start a business, but would love to lead groups if someone else in my area has begun a practice and need someone else on board. I love the leading group part, I love all the Sprouting Melodies provides to make that a national name and make it so easy in some ways…I don’t want to start back at the beginning and find the families. My personality does not enjoy the business side of the work as much.

Natalie Condon

Participant

I am so excited!!! This training is ending at a real time of growth in my career and will be a great way to get awareness. I am really passionate about advocating for music therapy and Sprouting Melodies will be a great tool in doing that in my community. I am looking forward to more experience in early childhood and meeting families in my surrounding area.

Kristina Rio

Participant

It’s been so great reading all of your responses throughout this training, and I am excited to have such great therapists as fellow Sprouting Melodies Providers!

Mikhala Majeau

Participant

I have mentioned this often in this course, but I am most looking forward to working with military families. I am also looking forward to advocating about music therapy. I believe this is an excellent opportunity for me to connect with military families as well as to build relationships in the community. I feel strongly that Sprouting Melodies will help me jump start my music therapy career and it will make a big difference in the community that I am in.

Melissa Hentges

Participant

I am excited about making connections with families and being a resource on child development for parents. I love how it has been stressed over and over again how important it is to communicate our choices with parents so that they understand what we are doing and how it can benefit their child. I believe that sharing this type of information with families will encourage them to take what they have learned in class and continue sharing music with their children at home.

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

Meredith, Erika and I look forward to talking to many of you tomorrow night at 8 pm EST for our SMT conference call. Call-in information is on your Week 9 Agenda.

Steven Clarke

Participant

I am looking forward to new opportunities to become involved in early childhood services within the communities I live in with completion of the sprouting melodies training. Being able to provide these services for families within the community will not only allow me to grow as a music therapist, but they will also provide a pathway to furthering the implications for and impact of music therapy in my community. I am excited to continue learning about early childhood and also share what I have learned with parents through the Sprouting Melodies training. I also look forward to using and adapting the songs/music experiences that were shared throughout this course.

Jamie Sacca

Participant

I am most looking forward to feeling confident in my ability to provide a music therapy based music program and as an expert in using music in a developmental way for children and families in my community. One of my ultimate goals is to bring a wider awareness and programming and opportunities for music therapy and music therapists. We have so much to offer!!

Amanda Goff

Participant

As a Sprouting Melodies provider, I look forward to working within early childhood and to bring music to young children and their parents and families. Music has always played a major role in my life and I cannot wait to provide musical experiences for other families.

Lauren Servos

Participant

One of the reasons I took this class is that my work at the hospital is often very emotionally heavy. I am looking forward to the joy Sprouting Melodies classes will add to my work that will nourish me and allow me to continue to work with people in crisis as well. As a new mom, I also find myself motivated to support other people in the early stages of parenthood, and to support wellness in the lives of families. I’ve really enjoyed getting to know all of you on this forum and hearing your stories!

Michelle Nettle

Participant

I am looking forward to becoming a Sprouting Melodies Provider for many reasons. As I’ve stated to you all previously, I have been providing music therapy to children with developmental disabilities for over 12 years. So I have a lot of experience in working with families and children. So by becoming a Sprouting Melodies Provider, I am thrilled that I can expand my practice to include a music therapy-based community program to “ALL” children and their families. I LOVE working with children and families, and I look forward to this opportunity as a Sprouting Melodies Provider, to “expand” my practice, as it will give me MORE opportunities to create a thriving music therapy practice that offers a “Variety” of services for both children that are “typical” and children with “developmental disabilities” and their families. Also, I have mostly provided “individual” music therapy services for the past 12 years, but I have loved the few opportunities I have had in leading groups. So I’m also excited that as a Sprouting Melodies Provider, I will have the opportunity to incorporate “groups” REGULARLY into my music therapy practice. It’s SUCH a different dynamic and different goals when working with individuals vs. groups, so I’m, thrilled to add continual opportunities to provide music-therapy based community group classes as a Sprouting Melodies Provider. When becoming a music therapist in 2002, I knew that working with children was the population that I wanted to specialize in. Many music therapists work with a variety of populations including Alzheimer’s, Psychiatric patients, Hospice, Hospitals, Stroke victims, ext. But I decided from the VERY beginning that after working with various populations in my practicums, my “calling” was to specialize and ONLY work with children(special needs and typical) in my practice as a music therapist. So having a variety of ways I can incorporate my expertise and knowledge as a music therapist specializing in working with children and their families into my practice is KEY to having a vibrant and sustainable practice. Sprouting Melodies will be another WONDERFUL addition to the services I can offer children and their families!

Linda Madler

Participant

I already have an early childhood music studio so I look forward to getting back to my roots as a music therapist. I hope that the Sprouting Melodies training will open more doors and attract families who may be looking for a different music experience. I look forward to sharing ideas with other music therapists in this community and beyond.

Kayla Hamilton

Participant

I am very excited to see the aspect of community develop in the Colorado Springs area. In our city there are a lot of short term living situations (military, Olympic training, etc), and it is hard for people to gain a sense of community. I hope that SM can provide an opportunity for these people to find a place where they feel they belong and they know is safe.

Amanda Barnett

Participant

I can’t express how excited I am to be able to provide these services as a whole to my small community as we have nothing like SM at all for children younger than about 4-5 years old! My father is an attorney & has told me that he believes that he believes a program such as this in our community could save some of the marriages he sees come through his doors. I am very eager to get out there to start helping families to bond with their young children through music & to watch little babies grow developmentally every week. The idea of beginning this journey in my career tickles me pink and I just can’t wait to get started!

Robyn Rutland-Coleman

Participant

I am looking forward to providing a positive, non-judgmental space for parents to celebrate the joy and wonder of making music with their children. It seems like there is so much competetiveness and negativity in parenting young children, whether it be self-imposed or from without (as in the “mommy factions” of stay-at-home vs. working outside the home, nursing vs. bottle-feeding, etc.), and I want to do my part in taking us back to the children and their parents, supporting that relationship. At the same time, it will be great to be able to provide the caregivers with useful, developmentally-focused information about their child.

Kathy Odenkirk

Participant

I have worked in early intervention providing music therapy services for Head Start children for 24 years. What will be different and exciting about becoming a Sprouting Melodies provider is the opportunity to work with both the children and their parents/guardians. I am also looking forward to being able to network with other therapists on a regular basis having been working “solo” for so long.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content