Share Your Thoughts

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – March 2015 Week 9 Share Your Thoughts

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Share what you are most looking forward to as you become a Sprouting Melodies provider.

Jaycie Voorhees

Participant

I am quite interested in becoming a Sprouting Melodies provider as I feel it will help my business move forward in the direction I want to go. I’ve been wanting to expand my practice to include typical children in the early childhood setting and have had some success with this, but I know there is SO much more I can do! I feel like the brand name, training, materials, and support offered through becoming an SM provider will give me the direction I need to best utilize my time in marketing and expanding my program. I haven’t known before this how to “find” the typical kids I need in my groups, but I am starting to outline a marketing plan and am excited about the possibilities!

I also love the idea of the increased exposure of music therapy that will inevitably result from this program, and the potential growth that may occur as a result. I am very passionate about expanding music therapy in my community both to benefit the clients/participants as well as other music therapists who are seeking work. Now I just need to figure out if I should start now or wait until things calm down after I have my baby…I have a tendency to jump into things sometimes and may need to temper myself here, haha!

Kayla Lyles

Participant

Along with the experience of the group itself, I am most looking forward to the advocacy and outreach part – I want to be a leader in the community and know that I have the ability to do so. This training has provided me with a much needed confidence boost in reminding me to just get out there! Additionally, I believe many families can benefit from what we provide with Sprouting Melodies and this in turn can create increased exposure for music therapy.

Christine Czuhajewski

Participant

I am looking forward to many things about becoming a Sprouting Melodies provider. I think that there is a need in my community, and all communities, for this kind of specialized service. Just like some speech language pathologists and occupational therapists might have opportunities for developmental work with typically developing children, I think it’s good for music therapists to have opportunities to help typically developing children move through music developmental stages. There are so many added benefits of using music at an early age- so much research has been done from the music therapy perspective and the music education perspective. Being able to provide this kind of experience and share this knowledge with families will be very rewarding and exciting. It is also a great way to share information about music therapy. Music therapy isn’t as well known in the community as other modes of therapies, so the additional exposure and advocacy is a great benefit to the profession.

One of the great things about the Sprouting Melodies training is that so much of the organizational work has been done, and you have done an AMAZING job putting this program together! You guys have worked so hard to discover and create a format that works, apply music therapy based knowledge to this setting and create a lot of amazing music that caters to the specific needs of the age group! It is very motivating to see pictures of children enjoying their Sprouting Melodies classes and being able to hear the information that you have to share and learn some of the songs that you have created. I am definitely looking forward to bringing that kind of excitement and joy to kids and families in my community.

Amanda Braden

Participant

I am still not 100% sure that I will become a Sprouting Melodies provider at the present time, but if I do become a provider, I think I’m most looking forward to bringing music into my community for families of young children. As I’ve said before, there is definitely a need in my community for services like Sprouting Melodies, and I think we can all agree that they’re very valuable services. Also, over the past few years, I have developed a great desire to serve and help meet the needs of the people in my community in some way. I interact with a lot of parents of young children at my church, and they have shared with me and others in our church the struggles that they face as new parents and the lack of education and support that they feel they have in the area of their child’s development. As we know, Sprouting Melodies is a great service that can be used to empower parents with support and education about where their child is developmentally and how they can support that through music. So, providing that support to families in need in my community is what excites me about becoming a Sprouting Melodies provider.

Michelle Russell

Participant

I am looking forward to working with families. My currents early childhood groups are in childcare/educational settings. I think that I will really enjoy working with parents and caregivers. I worked full time for 13 years in long term care settings. I think some of the most important work that I did was with the families of the residents there. That is something that i miss in my current work. I am also looking forward to the support of the other sprouting melodies providers. It appears as if we will be able to use each other as resources.

Megan Dewing

Participant

I look forward to sharing with the parents how to use music to support their child’s development. One of the things I like about Sprouting Melodies is that they incorporate the parent education into the sessions. Helping parents understand what there children are doing and how to support them is so important.

As Kayla shared, I am also looking forward to sharing and advocating with the community about music therapy through Sprouting Melodies. Becoming a leader in the early childhood community is something that I am looking forward into building. Through this we are able to educate our community about children’s development, but also about music therapy.

Kristina Rio

Participant

I’m so excited and am looking forward to having such wonderful new Sprouting Melodies Providers. If any of you are ever in the Boston area, call us up at Roman Music Therapy Services and come sit in on a SM class!

Well I would love to become Sprouting Melodies provider BUT as I am not from States I have more job to do. First of all to find and adapt songs on my language. Do you have any provider in Europe? Or do you have any International providers with experience?

Katie Whipple

Participant

Hi there! I’m not sure that I will become an official provider as of yet, but I am looking forward to implementing the many, many songs and strategies that I have learned about. I plan to offer two classes in my community utilizing the SM age categories- I will be offering a 6-18 month sign and sing class. I have been learning a little more about sign language and I think it will be a perfect addition to the ideas offered through this training. I will also offer another class for 18 months to 3 years. There are so many parents in my area that are searching for something like this. I’m so excited to go out and utilize all this knowledge from the training. I also teach a Practicum with Children class and we will be utilizing Beth’s Early Childhood Music Therapy book. I’m so excited to use the book as it will be very helpful for the students!

Darcy Lipscomb

Participant

I am looking forward to having the backing of a “name brand” program as it seems many parents are drawn towards branded classes versus “home grown” offerings. I am also looking forward to continuing to build our connections with other early childhood services providers in our community and sharing this resource with them to in-turn (hopefully) share with their families!

Anonymous

Inactive

It is great to read how you each are going to be able to use this training and exciting to see so many of you will be joining us as a provider. You will find a great support and network of music therapists if and when you become a provider. I wish you each success in your endeavors.

Jacquelyn Blankinship

Participant

I have gained so much knowledge during this training!! I think the thing I’m most looking forward to utilizing are the wonderful songs and techniques. I’m also excited by the thought of working with typically developing children so as to enhance my understanding of what milestones are expected at certain stages of development. Since I’m not a parent myself and have not worked with children a ton, this will definitely be a good thing to gain some more experience in.

I am interested in becoming a Sprouting Melodies provider, but I’m not sure if I’m in a great stage of my career to do that quite yet. I’d love some input! I’m newly relocated to Atlanta, GA (as in 1 week ago!) and, as yet, have not found a job. I don’t currently have my own practice, or anything like that and no real knowledge on the ins and outs of how that works, either. Maybe that would be a first step with Sprouting Melodies to follow?

Mary Withington

Participant

I was drawn to Sprouting Melodies when I first heard about it, mainly because it is designed by MT-BC’s for use by MT-BC’s. I have learned a lot in the training, have had several things clarified, and many of the ways I conduct my groups validated. I feel this info and strategies can be applied to the old autistic kids with whom I work, as well. I currently have been teaching Kindermusik classes ( for 15 years.) I think I have heard that I can’t do both at the same time. I had originally thought I would offer the SM classes to the special needs children in my community. There have been many requests for such a program for them. And I wanted to do a group that was more goal based and not curriculum based for them. Maybe one of the teachers can clarify this for me. Is it an either /or and not both situation? Kindermusik can be quite expensive with the home materials required. I also was wanting to keep costs for the families of special needs children lower than it would be in Kindermusik. I am open to your guidance.

Anonymous

Inactive

Hi Mary,

Meredith can best answer your questions regarding the program and costs and help you see what will work best for your business. You can email Leslie Aylward at info@raisingharmony.com to schedule a phone appointment or email Meredith directly meredith@raisingharmony.com

Anonymous

Inactive

Jacquelyn,

I started my private practice in August 2013 right before I had my daughter. I became a Sprouting Melodies provider in August, but did not begin offering classes until January 2014. I spent some time talking with Meredith and Beth and planning out how I wanted to start with the program before I launched it. The great thing about becoming a provider, is that you will get full support in getting the program off of the ground, including how to connect with your community. Meredith also offers business coaching. I worked with her in the beginning of my private practice and she really helped me from the ground up. There is a Music Therapy Business Page on Facebook which is also a great place for support. I would encourage you to reach out to Meredith and set up an appointment to see what your options can be.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content