Share Your Thoughts

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – June 2015 Week 9 Share Your Thoughts

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Share what you are most looking forward to as you become a Sprouting Melodies provider.

Emily Baroody

Participant

I am most looking forward to being able to expand the early childhood program at the community music school I work with. I think early childhood groups offer such an important community resource as well as promoting life long music making. Right new our program is really small and its really difficult to even offer just one class per week because I am also doing a lot of other music therapy work, but becoming a sprouting melodies provider could help expand that program and reach more families.

Brianna McCulloch

Participant

As I have mentioned, I work in a community nonprofit music conservatory for children, and early childhood is a missed opportunity for us to reach out into our community. We are really working on parent education and community involvement this year, and the things I have learned here will serve me well. I hadn’t REALLY considered how much parent ed is going on in my early childhood music groups–this is really going to transform how I interact with the parents.

Cynthia Cross

Participant

I am most excited about becoming a community leader by providing SM classes! I am fortunate in that my little community is just starting an Arts Collaborative initiative and I think Music Therapy and SM will be a great place for me to participate. As we have gone through the course I have seen how this particular segment of music therapy will be exciting for me. I love the idea of providing education about developmentally appropriate music/activity and also having the opportunity to encourage and reassure parents and caregivers in their roles.

Mary Kerrigan

Participant

I do not work at all currently with early childhood, but have always wanted to. Becoming a Sprouting Melodies provider will allow me to experience working with babies and children as well as to expand myself as a music therapist into my community. There are other music therapists in my immediate area but I still feel like when people ask what it is that I do they still question exactly what is music therapy and I also feel as though there aren’t many parent/child or any sort of early childhood music groups happening close around where I live. By becoming a Sprouting Melodies provider I hope to spread the joy of music and share how music can be such a beneficial part of a child’s life to promote life long music making and hopefully further advocate and spread the word about our field of music therapy and how great it is. But mostly I am very excited for the actual work with babies and children to diversify all the music therapy work I do with adults.

Mary Carter

Participant

I love the information that I have gained from this Sprouting Melodies program and I intend to use the skills I have honed and the information I have gained on developmental levels when leading my own music sessions for babies and toddlers and the people who take care of them. I do not intend to become a Sprouting Melodies provider at the moment but I see how having a support system of other music therapists who do what you do and understand your questions and celebrate your successes is a wonderful resource. I rely greatly on learning from the experience of others as I’m in the process of starting my own practice. In addition to the resources you course mates will get from becoming a Sprouting Melodies provider and the resources that provides, I would urge you to look into joining the Early Childhood Music Therapy Network and the Music Therapy Business Owners groups on Facebook. They are also great resources for music therapists. I love how music therapists are willing to help each other to grow and strengthen our profession.

Corie Barkey

Participant

I am most looking forward to working with younger children. I primarily work with 3 through 5. I am also very passionate about the availability of music therapy to any and all who desire it. This means that music therapy is not limited to the families who have a child with a disability in my community but rather to all children who want to experience music.

Laura Silvestain

Participant

I am most looking forward to the opportunity to work with young children. I have not had the chance to yet in a musical setting, and it has been my desire to since I decided I wanted to pursue music therapy as a career. I am also excited to take what I have learned from this training and apply it in my work.

Mary Jane Dibble

Participant

I am looking forward to using the skills I have learned in Sprouting Melodies to help young children and their parents to grow and develop more. I look forward to working more with children. I love that Sprouting Melodies provides this great support group.

Kristina Rio

Participant

I am looking forward to having such great additions to our Sprouting Melodies Provider community!

Anonymous

Inactive

It has been wonderful to hear how each of you have grown from this course and how it will inform your work. I am also looking forward to having great additions to the SM Provider Community.

Molly Moses

Participant

I am looking forward to enriching my community with early childhood music classes. I really enjoy working with this age group, and look forward to adding these classes and all that I have learned in this training to my work as a music therapist.

Melaine Pohlman

Participant

Right now I’m on the fence as to whether or not to become a provider. On one hand, I’m totally in…it is clear to see the benefits of the framework and structure offered in SM. I also think that it could fit really well into our community, provided I can find the right little niche for it to “compete” with other early childhood music programs! ; ) The benefits of being a part of the support network would be many. As a private clinician I would love the additional feedback and interaction with others who are in similar clinical settings to myself. But I’m on the fence because I’m not sure my own personal life and schedule (as wife and Mom) will give me the flexibility and time to go after this completely with my whole self. I have to take some time to consider if I want to place my energies here (and move them from other areas of my current clinical work) or whether I can get SM up and going in our community in a smaller scale way. I’m aware of the many hats I wear and the limits we all have and want to be careful not to create something I can’t manage or sustain over time. Least to say…I’m conflicted! ; )

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content