Share Your Thoughts

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – January 2014 Week 9 Share Your Thoughts

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Share what you are most looking forward to as you become a Sprouting Melodies provider.

Cassandra Mulcahy

Participant

I think that being part of an official early-childhood program is most exciting. I have considered joining another early childhood program, but always found them too perspective. I am so excited that Music Therapy has a brand that they can share with this population, and help inform out parents about the natural musical development of their children.

Dany Orozco

Participant

I am not sure I’ll become a SM provider right away because I am starting a couple of programs already, but I am excited to work with this population someday, hopefully soon.

Elyse Suhay

Participant

I’m most excited to get to work with more young children! They bring me such joy, and I have the training to do it effectively now. I’m also excited to get practice being around such small children as it will help me when I eventually have kids of my own. And, let’s be honest, I’m VERY excited for the opportunity to expand my work and make more money 🙂

Caroline Gillott

Participant

Aside from working with children and families–I’m excited to start and grow my own program. I’m ready to be recognized as Caroline the music therapist or Caroline the SM provider and not just another therapist as part of large agency.
      I’m excited to bring awareness to the benefits of a music therapy based early childhood program because there is nothing like this where I live. I see the need for it in my community. This in and of iteself excites me and brings joy to my heart because I want to be more integrated in the community while providing something that is needed!
      I’m excited to be a resource for the parents and communities and also an employment opportunity for other music therapists interested in doing their own gig.

Meredith Pizzi

Great thoughts, Ladies! I love hearing everyone’s energy at this point in the course! Please know that if you do decide to become a Sprouting Melodies Provider, we are here to support you every step of the way! And we have had folks take the course, and then a year later join us as providers, so know that the door is always open!

Kristina Rio

Participant

I’m so excited to have such a great addition of therapists to the Sprouting Melodies Provider community! I look forward to keeping in touch with all of you through the Sprouting Melodies Provider Membership page where you can post to the forum and ask questions or access resources!

Jennifer DeBedout

Participant

Meredith, Thanks for your note about the door being open. I’m not sure I’m going to become a provider at this point but I think the experience, support and resources offered through your program are great. I think that following a specific program and philosophy is appealing to parents and caregivers looking for places to get their kids involved. I also feel that belonging to a community of music therapists that follow a similar system also has value.

Katie Maurer

Participant

I’m most looking forward to actually getting to spend time with young children! I’ve known since my internship that early childhood is really where I wanted to focus my career, but for personal and family reasons took an office job when I moved back to my hometown. Flash forward and almost 6 years have gone by. Sprouting Melodies is hopefully a method that will allow me to get back into the field and working with a population I’m passionate about.

I’m glad I chose Sprouting Melodies for many of the reasons others have listed: I like that it is music therapist developed and music therapy based; I like the non-prescriptive nature; I like that it includes the little little ones; I LOVE the support and networking that is offered for providers.

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

I am so excited by the collective energy and focus in this group! I hope to chat in person with many of you tomorrow night.

Kate St. John

Participant

I am most excited to get to work with early childhood again. Colorado stopped recognizing the MT-BC cert for early intervention a few years ago so I haven’t had anyone in that age range for a while. Our state is working toward state registration and later licensure, so that will hopefully open up a lot more funding opportunities for families. I’m excited to finally be able to work with the young ones again through SM!

Nancy Bair

Participant

For me, I do plan to eventually provide sprouting melodies in my area, however I need to do a lot more groundwork before I can. There is a successful “Music Together” program that currently runs through our community parks and recreation program. The classes are all “family” classes and I think would be my biggest “competition.”

I also, would like to see how I could take this model and use it with children on the autism spectrum. There is a definite need in my area for this type of program , I just need to brainstorm a bit more, read up on the forums here, and figure out if this is possible.

Sarah jane Mason

Participant

I am most looking forward to becoming a SM provider because I LOVE this age group! Watching my toddler son grow up has shown me first hand what amazing development occurs from 0-5, and being a part of facilitating that development for the child and for the families is very exciting for me. After a few years of having my own program, no real name for the class or marketing plan, I am also excited for a built in program, similar to KinderMusik and Music Together, but specifically for Mt’s and supported by a network of MT’s. I feel like toddlers are a strong point for me, and I have enjoyed learning how to also incorporate and support developmental classes for little little’s 0-12 months too. I know I have been behind the rest of the group, but I have taken in all the forum responses and videos, watched them several times to make sure your expertise sticks in my mind, and am very grateful for the encouragement and learning!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content