Share Your Thoughts

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – April 2017 Week 9 Share Your Thoughts

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Share what you are most looking forward to as you become a Sprouting Melodies provider.

Carolyn Keenan

Participant

I am looking forward to sharing the joy of music with families through a parent/child music class that meets the needs within my community.

Alison Barrington

Participant

I think what I would love best about this work would be to see the developing relationships between the children and their carers. Also to see the developing confidence in both parties. I am also looking forward to increasing my repertoire of songs and activities. And finally, I really would like to get to know more people in my community and this will be a great way!

Elana Dietz-Weinstein

Participant

I am looking forward to facilitating joyful musical relationships between the children and their caregivers, as well as helping to aid in the development of the children in the groups.

I most likely will not become a Sprouting Melodies provider because I am already with Music Together but I really appreciated the in depth study of development that this course offered I look forward to being able to apply that knowledge to my early childhood classes and my clinical work as well!

Laura Pruett

Participant

I am looking forward to getting in my groove. The initial groups I do with any new population make me anxious, but I’m hoping this will be an easier transition as I have already done groups with preschoolers. I’m really looking forward to doing Sprouting Melody 1 classes, even though I’ve never done groups with babies. I echo what Alison said above, I look forward to seeing the relationships deepen between child and caregiver. I also look forward to deepening my connections with my community, especially with other early childhood professionals. I’m also looking forward to the business development support. I’ve been running my own business for a few years now, but it’s been stagnant lately. I need something to make it grow again, so I’m hoping this training will help!

Anonymous

Inactive

I am so glad you all found so much value in the training and many are looking to offering Sprouting Melodies in their communities. If you are becoming a provider, keep in mind this training is just the “tip” of the iceberg. You will learn so much more and receive support as you become a provider. Some areas will be further development of sharing with families, a deeper understanding about levels of stimulation and how to move through a session consistently monitoring and meeting the needs of stimulation, business development, how to make connections in your community and grow a program, and much more. Meredith and Beth have built this from the ground up and are a wealth of knowledge to make a strong program that truly supports all families.

Jen Hinton

Participant

I am really appreciating the content of this course and am strongly considering the option to continue on to become a Sprouting Melodies Provider.

This has come at a perfect time for me professionally. I think this has helped me to deepen my ability to provide best practices for children and to advocate and justify the music enrichment that I currently provide at an early learning center. I am continuing to reinvent myself professionally and personally around my changing life schedule and life goals. From the philosophical questions to the nitty gritty “how-to” this course is really helping me to clarify my path a professional MT-BC.

I am looking forward to the structure and support-especially from the business end- to help me provide a service like this to our community while also helping me to manage a viable practice. We really have so few opportunities available in our community like this and I am excited to be able to offer these services!

Claudia Eliaza

Participant

I am extremely grateful for the tools and skills I’ve learned in this SM class. It’s a great reminder that we as music therapists have great opportunities to build community and help parent/caregivers bond and connect with their children through music. Becoming a music therapist is hands down one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

Mabel Ortiz

Participant

What I am most looking forward to is to have the guidance, and support from not only other providers that are on the same journey, but also from Beth and Meredith, which knowledge is invaluable! I am excited to know more about the business aspect of it, which it is the knowledge and experience that I most lack of and need.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content