Share Your Thoughts

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – April 2014 Week 9 Share Your Thoughts

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Share what you are most looking forward to as you become a Sprouting Melodies provider.

Kristen Crouch

Participant

Working with young children in a positive environment where we are educating and encouraging parents to work with their little ones as they grow and develop. I love that as music therapists we address the whole child and the family that comes with that child. We offer a great service to our community and I’m excited to be a part of it.

Lauren Roberts

Participant

In becoming a Sprouting Melodies provider I am most looking forward to being able to expand my practice, in terms of both number of clients I am able to serve and potential income. Since I am really just beginning, I feel that being able to offer groups is one of the fastest ways that I can accomplish this. I am also looking to fill those morning hours, and so early childhood was a natural fit.

Barb Blackburn

Participant

I am most looking forward to working with infants and young children. Other than nannying I have never had that opportunity. They grow and develop so quickly, that it’s an amazing opportunity to literally see it happen before your eyes. I’m excited about the groups (we do individual sessions only) and seeing everyone learn and interact with each other. I’m also excited to share my knowledge with parents, and maybe learn a thing or two from them before I have kids of my own.

Lauren Caso

Participant

I love the group dynamic of an early childhood class! It is incredible to watch the little ones grow and interact with each other, as well the adults and therapist. My sister is due with her first baby in August, so I am very excited to try to look for certain developmentally appropriate responses in music with him 🙂 Although I do not yet have children of my own, I have worked with many different children and families, both in the USA and while working in Ghana, West Africa. Maybe when I have my own children, I’ll be even better prepared!

Caitlin Kauffman

Participant

I look forward to continuing to learn about working with young children and seeing so many of the things we have discussed and about which we have been learning actually unfolding before my own eyes! I agree with what Kristen said about how wonderful it is that we, as music therapists, really do look at the whole child and that the family comes with that child. That is reminiscent of my work in hospice, where so much of it is about education and working with the family unit toward a more successful and fulfilling time at end of life. I love that as Sprouting Melodies providers, we get to be a part of that on the other end of the spectrum, helping parents navigate the overwhelming waters of parenting. There are so many resources out there that I imagine parents often feel “how could I ever do this parenting thing ‘right’?” I think that we can help parents feel encouraged and more prepared – and (as Lauren said) be better prepared ourselves (for those of us that do not yet have children)!

Ann Dardis

Participant

I look forward to continued opportunities to make music with young children – to learn from them and their parents as well as taking other classes to educate myself about this population and their needs.

Amy Dunlap

Participant

Of course I am excited to provide a quality and much-needed service to my community and the families in it. On top of that, I have really enjoyed learning about early childhood development. I like understanding the “how” and “why” of behavior and feel that I will be truly informed in doing so as a Sprouting Melodies provider. I also look forward to learning from the children and remembering to embrace childlike curiosity and joy. Being inspired by others is one of my favorite parts of being a music therapist and I am excited to spend more time with young children, because it has been a while!

Brandy Jenkins

Participant

**Late Entry as I am Catching Up on Posting**

I am looking forward to incorporating this at the Pre School with the teachers and aids as caregivers. I am hoping this will lead to more work as I expand my private practice as well. I feel this type of program incorporates so much more humanistic qualities then was allowed when working through the IEP.

Bernadette Skodack

Participant

For me, it’s just working with kids again! I love the music flexibility of Sprouting Melodies…that I don’t have to use only SM songs, but that I can incorporate my own in as well.

Sarah Gagnon

Participant

Providing quality music-framed level engagement that provides space for learning, growth and development for children, parents and their families.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content