Share Your Thoughts

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – July 2014 Week 9 Share Your Thoughts

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Share what you are most looking forward to as you become a Sprouting Melodies provider.

Katie Bagley

Participant

In becoming a Sprouting Melodies provider, I look forward to feeling confident in working with young children as a practicing music therapist. My career so far has been primarily based in other populations, though I have always been curious and excited for the possibility to lead children’s groups. Sprouting Melodies training has given me the knowledge and background in developmental stages, session planning and song categories, and techniques for success. I have fallen in love with the new songs, and greatly look forward to using them in SM groups.

Kerry Cornelius

Participant

I am most looking forward to taking on a larger, more supportive role in my community as a Sprouting Melodies provider. One of the core principles of SM that really resonates with me is the idea of providing a community-based music therapy program. There is such a great need in my community for programs that support and educate parents and caregivers, while also exposing children of all ages and abilities to developmentally-appropriate music and sensory experiences. I’ve already been looking into starting a library program, much like the one Meredith discussed in this week’s videos! In addition, I am excited to continue to expand my song and activity repertoire. Most of my clients are children between the ages of 3-12, so I feel the information from this course is directly applicable to my current practice. My newly improved knowledge about selecting developmentally appropriate music for sessions has already increased my song repertoire and has challenged me to learn new materials and immediately put them into practice (“Where Is the Music” is already a HUGE hit with many of my kids).

Katherine Sestrick

Participant

I am most excited about offering my community a program that uses music to foster the development of the whole child. We have Kindermusik and Music Together, which focus largely on music skill building, but we have nothing like Sprouting Melodies. I am excited about the idea of putting all of my training and experience as a music therapist into practice to help families use music to learn and support the development of their children. I am also excited to learn more of the music and to share it with families. It is the quality of the music in this program that drew me to it and I think it is the quality of the music that makes it so popular with families. I am excited to offer the program and see it grow in popularity and see families fall in love with the music like I have.

Katie Romano

Participant

By becoming a sprouting melodies provider, Im excited about becoming involved with community music therapy programs. This is something I have little to no experience in, so Im excited about the possibilities. I’m also REALLY excited to work with the age group that goes to Sprouting Melodies. It’s such a fun age group, they are constantly learning and growing and I think it will be fun to be part of the process.

Christina Wensveen

Participant

When I become a sprouting melodies provider, I am excited to offer a music class that welcomes all children and encourages them to explore their surrounding. I am interested in using music to support developmental milestones and to teach parents why I am using specific songs and activities.

Kathryn Costanza

Participant

There are two parts that excite me the most about becoming a Sprouting Melodies provider. The first is the unique role of music therapy in the community at large, and not just for people with special needs. Music therapy is an incredible, unique, and powerful skill set that can benefit every human and being able to start providing that for a wider swath of people is incredible positive and important for the profession as a whole. That being said, a close runner-up is the ability to work with young children and families and start to get a broader perspective of development and specifically development through music from the ground up. The role of music therapy as it relates to development and developmental delay is a passion of mine, so this gives me an incredible foundation of information and a community of other amazing providers to better understand music therapy in development.

If I were to become a SM provider, I would surely look forward to offering my community with an option for music-based early childhood development activities that are fun for caregivers and their charges, and that encourage creativity in a communal setting. I would also love to be able to employ other music therapists since there are many underemployed MTs in my community who would do well working with young children.

Jonni Fogerty

Participant

Becoming a part of a networking community that shares materials and resources is a wonderful benefit of becoming a Sprouting Melodies provider.

Nicole Sanabria

Participant

When becoming a Sprouting Melodies provider I’m looking forward to providing a community based music therapy model that encourages early childhood development and growth by providing endless opportunities for exploration and discovery. Rather than following a curriculum, I believe strongly in what SM believes that by providing structured and predictable experiences while leaving space to modify or adapt the music intervention to better suite where the children are is the best way in order to observe realistic progress. Furthermore, providing a space for parents and caregivers to come and have that special time with their children, while making connections to those around them is what I’m most excited about.

Kasey Sollenberger

Participant

I am most looking forward to becoming an essential part of my community by bringing music into the lives of families here. There are so many connections made through the network of parents that gather in this community. I like how Beth and Meredith mentioned that because of their Sprouting Melodies groups, the parents have gone out and become supporters of music therapy. I hope that will happen here too.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content