Sprouting Melodies 2 Framework

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies – Sept 2021 Week 7 Sprouting Melodies 2 Framework

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous

Inactive

Sprouting Melodies 2 Framework:

• Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 2.
      • Write 5 sentences you can use when speaking with parents about musical responses of children in SM 2.
      • Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in a Sprouting Melodies 2 session

Rachel Sedmak

Participant

Five words to describe Sprouting Melodies 2 are playful, joyful, surprise, energetic, and free movement.
      Five sentences I can use to speak to parents are “She is watching and listening now, and you may discover her singing one of the songs in the car or at home.” “It’s ok for him to move around the room.” “Did you hear that? He matched the pitch.” “She still wants to be close to you, but she also wants to know what’s going on around her.” “It’s ok for her to put the instruments in her mouth, she is exploring.”
      Session plan:
      Hello!
      Horsey, Horsey lap ride, alternating fast and slow
      Just Like Me
      What’s Next?- Transition and building anticipation to getting out instruments
      I Like this Song- with shakers
      Clap Your Hands to the Music- clapping, tapping knees, stomping, marching, etc.
      Sit Down with Me- bring kids back together to get ready to sing goodbye
      Uh-Oh, It’s Time to Say Goodbye

Mikelia Wallace

Participant

Five words to describe SM 2 are Spontaneous, exploration, free, expressive, and playful.

Five Sentences: “After a certain amount of time, we’re looking for an anticipatory response to music and movement, this is a marker for typical development.” “It is totally okay that they are running around, exploration is fine and this is developmentally appropriate!” “Its okay that your kiddo is sitting on someone else’s lap, or on my lap, it’s part of exploration.” “For any activity involving their feet, make sure the bottom of their feet is being touched or on the floor, this is especially important for ‘marching’ so the action matches the words” “Although they may not be singing or dancing along with their peers, you may see that at home instead, they begin singing or dancing.”

Session Plan: Join me in the circle (to gather everyone) Hello, Wiggly, Jiggly Car, Just Like me, I like this song (with tempo changes), March with my baby, Goodbye.

Amy Berggren

Participant

1. Playful, Surprise, Spontaneous, Energy, Observation

2. “I love how much they are interacting with others in the group!”; “It’s ok that they are not playing their instrument, they are taking in the music how they need to.”; “It’s ok if they put the instrument in their mouth, it’s one of the ways they explore.”; “Did you hear them starting to sing with me? That was great!”; “They can move freely around the room if they want to”

3. Sit Down With Me, Wiggly Jiggly Car, Can You See Me?, I Like This Song, March with My Baby, Goodbye

Favor Chujor

Participant

1. Grounded, joyful, intentional, suspense, playful

2. “It’s okay if your kiddo doesn’t want to play their instrument! This is how they’re choosing to engage right now.”, “Look how they’re playing when the music stops! That means they want more music.”, “It’s developmentally appropriate for your child to put the instrument in their mouth!”, “Did you notice how they matched my pitch?”, “Just because they’re not singing or actively participating here, doesn’t mean they won’t sing this song at home!”

3. All Day All Night, Hello, Shake Uh Huh, Marching to the Music, Come to My Farm, Goodbye

Sophia Paravalos

Participant

1. Playful, Processing, Independence, Grounding, Identity

2. “Notice how he is starting to move the shaker differently than last week!” “It’s okay to let them roam around the room, they are just exploring their environment”, “Notice the way he is watching you shake – he’s taking it all in!” “Don’t be afraid to turn your kiddos around to face their peers at times to encourage a different perspective”, “He’s just exploring how the drum feels on his feet!”

3. All Day All Night, Wiggly Jiggly Car, Sit with me and shake, Just like me, Thank you for the music, Goodbye

Erik Hylan

Participant

1. Energetic, curiosity, playful, anticipate, cheerful
      2. “It’s ok for them to explore their instrument like that”, “Look at how they’re observing other group members”, “Feel free to turn your child so they are facing you to experience some bonding”, “See how he is shaking faster when the music increases in tempo?” “It’s ok for them to not play the drum, that is how they are choosing to participate right now”
      3.Hey Hey Come and Play, Hello, Hold On Tight, Shake Uh huh, sit down with me. It’s time to say goodbye.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content