Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3.

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – April 2017 Week 8 Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3. Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Family Sprouts. Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in a Sprouting Melodies 3 session and Family Sprouts sessions.

Alison Barrington

Participant

5 words for SM3: energetic, harmonic, instrumental, rhythmic, imaginative

words for Family Sprouts: multi-layered, adaptable, consistent, repetition, structured

Plan for SM3: greeting: ‘gather round everybody and clap your hands’. I like the energy that this brings and it’s engaging so it could start the session with focus. Bonding songs: My brand new friend. I think this one could be very adaptable depending on the needs of each child. Songs about me: You play a little and I play a little – great for getting a sense of sharing and understanding language around that. Instrumental song: ‘Music is the way to say I love you.’ I love the idea of the resonator bells – they are very inviting. Movement – I think there’s quite a lot in the rest of this session already! However, I do like ‘Will you come’ as it gets everyone standing and moving. Goodbye – SM goodbye song.

Plan for Family Sprouts: greeting: Using NR greeting as this might appeal to all ages. Bonding: row, row, row your boat. This might be possible with a family group. Songs about me: All of this is me, me, me. I like the idea of getting the siblings to work together on this (if that’s possible – I have two boys who are 2 years apart and this would need managing!) Instruments: I really like the one shown in the video (La, La, La) lovely tempo. Movement: I like the idea of using scarves/seasons that might appeal to the older ones but the scarves might be lovely to work with the younger participants. Goodbye: I would still use the SM regular song here. The video seemed to suggest it’s OK to use other goodbyes (and I do have some from NR that I use) but for consistency I would probably still use the SM one.

Elana Dietz-Weinstein

Participant

5 words for SM3: Independence, active, intention, acceptance, emergence
      5 words for Family Sprouts: Shared, engaging, support, cooperation, joyful

Plan for SM3: Greeting: Sit Down With Me
      Bonding: Row It Faster
      Songs About Me: All of This Is Me
      Instruments: One One Play the Drum
      Movement: Pick Your Hands Up High
      Goodbye: Sprouting Melodies goodbye song
      Plan for Family Sprouts: Greeting: Sprouting Melodies hello song
      Bonding: Horsey, Carry Me
      Songs About Me: Can You See Me?
      Instruments: In My Little Hand
      Movement: I Can Move Around and Make Some Music
      Sprouting Melodies goodbye song

Carolyn Keenan

Participant

5 Words for SM3: active, intentional, personality, emotions, independence
      5 Words for Family Sprouts: connections, helping, sharing, individuality, busy

SM3: I love using books!!!
      Gathering: Everybody’s Here
      Bonding: Hold on Tight
      Songs About Me: Where Is the Music? — I have already started to incorporate this into my practice with this age group and the kids LOVE it.
      Instrument: Two Friends Play the Drum
      Movement: Walk Outside (Raffi)
      Goodbye: It’s Time for Us to Go

Family Sprouts:
      Gathering: Everybody’s Here (12 bar blues)
      Bonding: Row Your Boat
      Songs About Me: All of This Is Me
      Instruments: Green Alligator
      Movement: Round and Round the Village/In and Out the Windows — I haven’t used this song in so long, but it seems possible if there is a good number of older children.
      Goodbye: It’s Time For Us to Go

Music Experience in Sprouting Melodies 3
      1. Active
      2. Creative
      3. Exploratory
      4. Intentional
      5. Independence

Music Experience in Family Sprouts
      1. Joyful
      2. Transformative
      3. Connections
      4. Helping
      5. Sharing

Songs and Experiences for Sprouting Melodies 3:

Gathering: Sit Down with Me
      Bonding: Swimming Together
      Songs About Me: My Eyes on My Face
      Instrument Songs: Music is the Way
      Movement Songs: The Leaves are Falling
      Goodbye: Time to Go

Songs and Experiences for Family Sprouts:
      Welcome Song: Come and Join Me in the Circle
      Bonding Song: I Like to Lick the Ice Cream
      Song About Me: That All Makes Up Me
      Instruments: I Like this Song
      Movement: I Can Move Around
      Goodbye: It’s Time to Say Goodbye

Laura Pruett

Participant

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3.
      1. Strong
      2. Emotional
      3. Energetic
      4. Deliberate
      5. Accepting

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Family Sprouts.
      1. Support
      2. Modeling
      3. Sharing
      4. Connecting
      5. Helping

Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in a Sprouting Melodies 3 session and Family Sprouts sessions.

In week 6, a format was suggested to follow when setting up sessions, and in one of the following videos, it was suggested to follow the suggested format. But then week 7 and week 8 songs and suggestions were presented in a different order than the suggested format in week 6. I guess it means to be flexible with your approach?

Sprouting Melodies 3:
      1. Sit Down With Me
      2. Hello Everybody
      3. Swimming Together
      4. If You’re Happy and You Know It
      5. Swimming Together
      6. You Play A Little
      7. I Can Move Around
      8. The Leaves Go Down
      9. Brand New Friend
      10. My Eyes Are On My Face
      11. Bright Light
      12. Goodbye My Friends

Family Sprouts:
      1. Hey Everybody
      2. Good Morning
      3. Row It Faster
      4. I Like to Lick the Ice Cream
      5. Can You See Me?
      6. Where Is The Music?
      7. I Like This Song
      8. You and Me Makes… We
      9. I Can Move Around
      10. Pick Your Hands Up High
      11. Bright Light
      12. Goodbye My Friends
      13. Thank You Very Much

Jen Hinton

Participant

SM 3 – 5 words: 1. active 2. strong 3. push and pull 4. creative 5. accepting
      Family Sprouts – 5 words: 1. Connections 2. Busy 3. Helping 4. Sharing 5. Support

**I am going to try to adapt the SM2 session plan I did across SM3 and Family Sprouts.

SM 3 Session plan:
      • Signature SM Hello Song (2 word hello song) (2 min)
      • Hello Everyone (wave, hug, blow a kiss, hi) 2 min
      o I have an extension to this song that builds in interaction with peers- could be caregivers and/or peers
      • Wiggly, Jiggly Car – 2 min (bonding/warm up)
      • Sit Down With Me (ants go marching tune) 2 min
      o (gross movement warm up)

Transition- Sung Invitation to Children to sit on top of large parachute – use wiggly jiggly car 4/4
      • The Wheels on the Bus (Familiar Bonding Song-wheels/round-wipers/swish-seats on the bus/bump-my family/I love you(hug)-people on the bus wave/how are you(wave) – 4 min
      o Might try having kids sit on top of large parachute for “ride” with the above motions
      o Caregivers to hold parachute handles and children can stay with them if they don’t want to sit in the middle of the parachute
      • Swimming Together – 2 min
      o Could continue with parachute- in same format – large sways or circling with children in center and change to bouncing during diatonic section

Instrument Playing –Hand Drum? –
      • Come with Me and Play a Little-while we’re dancing in the middle…accelerando 2min
      • You Play A Little – MT-BC provides multiple turns – 2 min
      o MT-BC provides multiple turns while children are sitting on parachute?
      Transition Children back to caregivers – each caregiver picks up a hand drum
      • Repeat “You Play a Little” – 3 min
      • Where is the Music – chant/tap/drum 2 min
      Gross Motor Movement while playing drums and/or moving
      • The Ants Go Marching – piggybacked marching/stomping song (2min)

Transition – Give scarves out – Come with Me and Play a Little – with scarves (3 min)

Gross Motor Movement/cool down –
      hand out scarves – one for each pair or children can explore with their own
      • I Like to Shake (shake-shake/shake-shake to tune of Blue Danube) shake it up high/down low (4 min)
      • Row it Faster (tune of Row, Row)- using scarves for caregiver and child to hold together? (3 min)
      • Can You See Me? (peek-a-boo with scarves and find body parts) (3 min)

Closing Experiences
      • Good-bye Everyone (same as 1st opening song – wave, hug, blow a kiss) (3 min)
      • Music Time is Over (2min)
      • Thank You Very Much (2 min)

Family Sprouts Session Plan:
      • Signature SM Hello Song (2 word hello song) (2 min)
      • Hello Everyone (wave, hug, blow a kiss, hi) 2 min
      o Encourage wave to a big brother/sister, hug a baby
      • The Wheels on the Bus (Familiar Bonding Song-wheels/round-wipers/swish-seats on the bus/bump-my family/I love you(hug)-people on the bus wave/how are you(wave) – 3 min
      o Encourage interactions (hug, wave) between family triads/groups
      • Wiggly, Jiggly Car – 2 min
      o Encourage big sib to sit on parent’s lap and little sib to sit between parent legs
      o Encourage big sib to be the seatbelt for little sib

Transition Invitation to Play Instrument– Listen to the Sound of my drum (gathering drum) (2 min)

Instrument Playing/Exploring Group Cohesion –Gathering Drum -can move it over toward groups if needed
      • Sit Down and Join My Circle (will you tap in our circle? Now let’s tap in our circle) 4min
      o Caregivers to have their own drum for little sib or both
      • Come with Me and Play a Little-while we’re dancing in the middle…accelerando 2min

Movement/Cool Down – All of This is Me – 2 min
      o As needed – do very quickly when repeating for older sibs

Transition – Give instruments out – Come with Me and Play a Little – with toddler maracas (3 min)

Instrument Playing – toddler maracas
      • Invite to return to pairs (remind it’s OK if not!) with verse of Wiggly Jiggly (now let’s go back – to find your lap) repeat until ready for 6/8 section (1 min)
      • Wiggly Jiggly Car 6/8 section with stops (3 min)
      o Extend to do whole song again(2 min)

Gross Motor Movement while holding maracas
      • The Ants Go Marching – piggybacked marching/stomping song (2min)
      o Remind parents to help littles stomp feet flat on the floor

Instrument Playing – toddler maracas
      • I Like to Shake (shake-shake/shake-shake to tune of Blue Danube) shake it up high/down low (4 min)

Gross Motor Movement – hand out scarves – one for each pair or children can explore with their own
      • Row it Faster- using scarves for caregiver and child and sib to hold together? (3 min)
      • Can You See Me? (peek-a-boo with scarves and find body parts/find baby/sister/brother) (3 min)

Closing Experiences
      • Good-bye Everyone (same as 1st opening song – wave, hug, blow a kiss) (3 min)
      • Music Time is Over (2min)
      • Time to Go – 1 min

Mabel Ortiz

Participant

Sprouting Melodies 3:
      1) Exploration 2) Energetic 3) Interaction 4) Independence 5) Active
      Plan: Welcome- Hello, Hello; Movement: Dance to the music; Instrument playing- Leader of the band; Utilize gathering drum to bring children together; Goodbye- Bye Bye Goodbye

Family Sprouts:
      1) Engagement 2) Independence 3) Connections 4) Socialization 5) Support
      Plan: Hello- When I meet a new friend; Movement- We are gonna dance, Monkey Moves; instrument playing- Zum Gali Gali; Goddbye- Goodbye everyone

Claudia Eliaza

Participant

5 words for SM3: strong, active, exploration, acceptance,energetic 5 words for Family Sprouts: shared, engaging, support, connections, socialization

Plan for SM3: Greeting: Hello My Friends Bonding: Wiggly Jiggly Car Songs About Me: Where O Where Are Your Fingers Instruments: Let’s Shake Rattle and Roll Movement: Catch That Train Goodbye: We Gotta Go Now

Family Sprouts: Greeting: SM Hello Song Bonding: Froggy Went Swimming Songs About Me: Where Is the Music Where Can It Be? Instruments: Music Is the Way To Say Movement: Jumping Up and Down SM Goodbye Song

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content