Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3.

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – April 2014 Week 8 Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3. Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Family Sprouts. Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in a Sprouting Melodies 3 session and Family Sprouts sessions.

Barb Blackburn

Participant

Five words to describe Family Sprouts: Sharing, cooperation, helping, support, and busy.

Session plan/songs for Family Sprouts:
      Gathering Song: Hey Everybody chant (I really like that, it was fun for all ages! Simple yet fun.)
      Bonding Song: Hold on Tight (good idea for older kids who are learning to ride a bike or even learning safety concepts). Older kids can also help out with the little brother or sister.
      Singing: Songs about me (some of the 2 and 3 year-olds are all about ME! and they also love to help out baby brother or sister.) Also allows for big kids to show off.
      Instruments: (can be hard!) “Shake with me”, or “I like this song”.
      Movement: (Can combine instrument playing and movement) “I Can Move Around” – parent/caregiver can dance and move around with younger kids while the big kids dance on their own!
      Goodbye: “It’s Time To Say Goodbye”

Five words to describe Sprouting Melodies 3: Active, intentional, personality, accepting, and creative.

Session Plan/songs for Sprouting Melodies 3:
      Gathering Song: “Sit down with me” – very rhythmic and fun.
      Bonding Song: “Swimming with me” – very catchy – “swimming is really cool, at the beach or at the pool”
      Singing: Love the book with the monkey’s drumming! Chanting it is a great idea, we do that with clients often to work on reading comprehension. (You could also create a melody.)
      Instrument Playing: “You play a little, I’ll play a little” – Great turn taking song.
      Movement: “Leaves Fall Down” – You could change the words too depending on the season: rain, snow, breeze, sunlight…
      Cool down: Playing on a pentatonic scale is a fun idea, there are no wrong notes! =)
      Goodbye: “Music Time is Finished”

Kristen Crouch

Participant

Sprouting Melodies 3: Active, emotions, push/pull, creative, personality

Session Plan: Gathering/Greeting – Sit Down and Join My Circle (inviting everyone to join in and begin music time); Bonding – Swimming Together (perfect for FL as we swim most of the year, can be on lap or standing up); Songs About Me – Where Is The Music (love this) or other song about signing and making music; Instruments – You Play A Little (great for your turn/my turn and social skills); Movement – Jumping up and jumping down (or other song that involves jumping/stomping/marching); Cool Down – A book or song with scarves to slow it down (or playing on a pentatonic scale which Beth mentioned works well even with the rowdiest boys); Goodbye – Music time is over or other goodbye song

Family Sprouts: Variety, support, sharing, busy, cooperation, connections, helping (yes I know its more than five but they are all so important)

Session Plan: Gathering/Greeting – Hey Everybody or other greeting song that welcomes and focuses; Bonding Song – Rowing song that gets the family moving together (maybe even have two kids sitting with parent like in a canoe); Songs About Me – Who’s that? or song that talks about each person (me and you) where you can point out different family members and friends; Instruments – I like this Song or song that is relaxed and welcomes variety of instruments; Movement – song with scarves where older children are free to move around the room and infants can remain in parent’s lap; Goodbye – Its Time To Say Goodbye

Lauren Roberts

Participant

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies® 3
      1. Creative – children are able to contribute their own ideas to the group (let’s stomp, let’s clap, etc)
      2. Active – highest energy group!
      3. Intentional/Deliberate – children are working toward having self-control
      4. Push and Pull – will challenge parents and not unlikely to have an occasional tantrum/meltdown during group
      5. Emotions – children are beginning to experience and express a variety of emotions.

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Family Sprouts
      1. Magical – families get to share in something together
      2. Busy – lots of families = lots of stuff happening!
      3. Connections – between siblings, between parent and child, between peers, between parents.
      4. Sharing – learning how to share, sharing children with different families (interaction doesn’t always have to be within the family, but can occur between families as well).
      5. Support – additional level of supporting parents in facilitating sibling interaction

Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in a Sprouting Melodies® 3 session and Family Sprouts sessions

Sprouting Melodies 3:
      – Instrument exploration
      – Hello – “Hello Everybody”
      – Body Percussion -“Sit Down with Me”/ “Gather Round”
      – Instrument Play -“You Play a Little”/ “Music is the Way”
      – Gross Motor – “My Brand New Friend”
      – Cool Down – I LOVE Eric Carle “From Head to Toe.” My boyfriend’s son does all the movements along with it. I will try to get a video and post!
      – Goodbye – “Bye, Bye, Music Time is Done”

Family Sprouts:
      – Instrument exploration
      – Hello – “Hello Everybody”
      – Lap Rides/Tickles- “Hold on Tight” / “Wiggly Jiggly Car”
      – Instruments -“Dancing in the Middle” / “I Like this Song”
      – Gross Motor Movement -“I Can Move Around”
      – Cool Down- “It’s Time to Say Goodbye” (with scarves)
      – Goodbye – “Bye, Bye, Music Time is Done”

Lauren Caso

Participant

Five words to describe Sprouting Melodies 3: deliberate, creative, active, interaction, exploration.

Outline of session: Gather ’round, Sit down with me, Swimming together, I can move around and make music, Brand-new friend, Hand hand finger thumb book or ‘Frog Hum’ song, It’s time to say goodbye (with scarves).

Five words to describe Family Sprouts: sharing, cooperation, transformative, awareness, varying.

Outline of session: Good morning to you or Hello everybody, Come and join me in the circle (with knee pats), hold on tight, I like this song, All of this is me, From head to toe book (tracking words with finger), Bye-bye music time is over.

Ann Dardis

Participant

Deliberate – the children exhibit very intentional music making
      Pull and Push – the children still need the security of having mom near, but then push her away and explore independently
      Active – encourage kids to move: run, jump, march, bounce, dance, etc.
      Sign Language – great to incorporate to encourage communication among those still unable to speak
      Flexible – accept ideas from the children and incorporate them into the music

Amy Dunlap

Participant

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3:
      Creative, Active, Push and Pull, Sharing, Emotional

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Family Sprouts:
      Bonding, Busy, Variety, Joy, Together

Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in a Sprouting Melodies 3 session:
      Gathering: Oh Gather ‘Round
      Greeting: Hello Everybody
      Bonding Songs: Swimming Together
      Songs About Me: Where is the Music?
      Instrument Songs: Music is the Way
      Movement Songs: Will You Come?
      Goodbye: Time To Go

Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in a Family Sprouts session:
      Gathering: Come and Join the Circle
      Greeting: Hey Everybody
      Bonding Songs: Row It Faster
      Songs About Me: Who’s That?
      Instruments: I Like This Song (on piano)
      Movement: Will You Come?
      Goodbye: Music Time Is Over

Caitlin Kauffman

Participant

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3:
      Growth, Creativity, Bonding & Independence, Active, Emotional

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Family Sprouts:
      Joyful, Supportive, Busy, Transformative, Cooperative

Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in a Sprouting Melodies 3 session:
      Gathering/Greeting: Gather Round Bonding: My Brand New Friend (with behavior modeling from parents) Song about Me: Book “Hand Hand Fingers Thumb” (with drums) Instrument: You Play A Little (turn taking) Movement: Will You Come? Goodbye: Music Time Is Over (transition to what they do next)

… and in Family Sprouts sessions:
      Gathering/Greeting: Come and Join The Circle (engaging rhythm, appropriate for all ages) Bonding: Hold On Tight (with both children in lap, holding baby in the front so older child can also ‘hold’ the baby) Song about Me: Can You See Me? Instrument: Music Is The Way Movement: I Can Move Around Goodbye: Music Time Is Over

Brandy Jenkins

Participant

**Late Entry as I am Catching Up on Posting**

5 words
      encompassing, purposeful, energetic, supportive, creative

Session Plan
      Greeting: “Hello, Everyone Hello”
      Bonding: “Swimming Together”. This works well for the summer!
      Singing: A call and response song
      Instrumental: an upbeat song where the children and caregivers can play and explore instruments. I would provide a lot of drums to encourage more rhythmic play.
      Movement: parachute or scarves using verbal and/or non verbal cues.
      Goodbye: “goodbye, so long, farewell”. Upbeat

Bernadette Skodack

Participant

5 words to describe SM3: active, independent, exploratory, expression, choice

Session Plan: gathering- Sit Down with Me; bonding- Swimming Together (to prepare for the season!…possibly sledding for winter?); songs about me- Watch Me Go!; instrument- You Play a Little (to listen to others); movement- Leaves are Falling (snow for winter? rain for summer/spring?); goodbye- Goodbye Goodbye It’s Time to Go

5 words to describe Family Sprouts: inclusive, adaptable, togetherness, interactive, fun for the family

Session Plan: gathering- Hello everybody (all inclusive); bonding- Hold on Tight (parent holds onto both or oldest sibling holds on to younger sibling with parental assistance); songs about me- My Hand on My Head (older can assist younger); instrument- You Play a Little (siblings take turns); movement- I Can Move Around (allows both siblings to move how they can/want); goodbye- Goodbye Goodbye It’s Time to Go

Sarah Gagnon

Participant

5 Words: Learning to Grow with Creative Flexibility and Strength

Session Plan
      Gathering Hello 2 languages represented and signing where appropriate with songs
      Bonding: Hold Tight- Changing dynamics from soft (like cloud) to LOUD (like a truck VRROOOM)
      Song about Me- Thumbkin, Any finger drumming or pointing to “Head Shoulders”
      Transition 1- Move softly…Move LOUD in chant/march around room (for those able and ambulatory)
      Song About Me- While marching layer back in song about me (if necessary)
      Goodbye- End with a March or Sit (whatever works best) to “It’s Time To Go

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content