Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3.

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – July 2014 Week 8 Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3. Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Family Sprouts. Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in a Sprouting Melodies 3 session and Family Sprouts sessions.

Kerry Cornelius

Participant

5 words to describe SM3:
      Deliberate
      Active
      Creative
      Independence
      Personality

5 words to describe Family Sprouts:
      Consistency
      Joyful
      Connections/Socialization
      Cooperation
      Individuality

SM3 Potential Plan:
      Hello/Gathering: Sit Down With Me
      Gather Round
      Bonding Songs: Swimming Together
      My Brand New Friend
      Songs About Me: Where Is the Music?
      Singable Book: Hand Hand Fingers Thumb (with drums to explore around room)
      Instrument Songs: You Play a Little
      Music is the Way
      Movement Songs: Will You Come?
      The Leaves Are Falling
      Goodbye: Time to Go

Family Sprouts Potential Plan:

Gathering/Hello: Come and Join the Circle
      Hey Everybody
      Bonding Songs: Hold on Tight
      Row It Faster
      Songs About Me: All of This is Me
      Can You See?
      Instrument Songs: I Like this Song
      Dancing in the Middle
      Movement Songs: I Can Move Around
      Goodbye: It’s Time to Say Goodbye

Katie Romano

Participant

5 Words Sprouting Melodies 3:Active, Deliberate, Accepting, Creative, Intentional

5 Words Family Sprouts: Familiar, Inclusive, Individuality, Connections, Joyful

Sprouting Melodies 3 Session Plan: Gathering- Sit Down With Me (EKS); Bonding- Hold On Tight (EKS); Songs About Me- My Eyes are On My Face (EKS); Instrument Songs- I Can Move Around (EKS); Movement Songs- Jumping Up and Jumping Down (EKS); Goodbye Songs- Thank You Very Much (EKS)

Family Sprouts Session Plan: Gathering- Come On Let’s Make Some Music; Bonding Songs- Wiggle Jiggly Car (EKS); Songs About Me- Can You See Me (EKS); Instrument Songs- I Like This Song (EKS); Movement Songs- Will You Come (EKS); Goodbye- Music Time is Over (EKS)

Katie Bagley

Participant

Five Words for Family Sprouts: Helpful, Cooperation, Inclusion, Sharing, Individuality

Five Words for Sprouting Melodies 3: Deliberate, Personality, Intentional, Strong, Independence, Control

Session Plan for Family Sprouts:
      Greeting- I’m Glad You’re Here Today, Come and Join the Circle, Bonding- Jingle Up Jingle Down, Songs About Me- All of This Is Me, Instrument Songs-Music is the Way, Movement- I Can Move Around, Goodbye- Goodbye (with scarves), Thank You Very Much

Session Plan for Sprouting Melodies 3:
      Greeting- Sit Down With Me, Bonding- My Brand New Friend, Swimming Together, Songs About Me- Where Is The Music?, Instrument Song- All Night All Day, Music Is The Way, Movement- Clickety Clack, Goodbye- Time To Go

5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies® 3.
      Growth. Mastering. Independence. Routine. Freedom.

5 words to describe the music experiences in Family Sprouts.
      Family. Sharing. Social. Active. Choice.

Sprouting Melodies® 3 session and Family Sprouts sessions.

SP3 GATHERING/GREETING: Sit Down With Me. I’m Glad You’re Hear Today.
      SP3 BONDING SONGS: Hold on Tight. Hey Good Lookin’.
      SP3 SONGS ABOUT ME: Can You See Me? All of This is Me.
      SP3 INSTRUMENT SONGS: I Like This Song. My Grey Kitty (pentatonic).
      SP3 MOVEMENT SONGS: Don’t Rock the Juke Box. All Day All Night Marianne.
      SP3 GOODBYE. Time to Go. Happy Trails.

FS GATHERING/GREETING: I’m Glad You’re Here Today. Come On Let’s Make Some Music.
      FS BONDING SONGS: You Are My Sunshine. Don’t Worry, Be Happy.
      FS SONGS ABOUT ME: Watch Me Go. Who’s That?
      FS INSTRUMENT SONGS: Music Is The Way. Irish Washer Woman (You play a little and I play a little …)
      FS MOVEMENT SONGS: Day-O. The Leaves Go Down, Down, Down.
      FS GOODBYE. Three Little Birds. Happy Trails.

Katherine Sestrick

Participant

5 words for Sprouting Melodies 3: self-control; independence; give and take; reciprocal; interdependent

5 words for SM Family Sprouts: active; independence; turn-taking; reciprocal; togetherness

Plan for SM 3: 1. Instrument exploration with recorded music; 2. Sit Down with Me (EKS); gathering. 3. Swimming Together(EKS): bonding song. 4. You Play a Little(EKS) instrument songs. 5. The Leaves Go Down (EKS)-movement songs 5. Where is the Music? (EKS) songs about me. 6. Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb (book)- cool down. 7. Goodbye to Everyone, good-bye.

Plan for SM Family Sprouts: 1. Hey Everybody (EKS)- gathering song. 2. Wiggly, Jiggly Car (EKS): lap ride. 3. I Like this Song (EKS): instrument play. 4. I Can Move Around (EKS) movement. 5. All of this is Me (EKS): cool down. 6. Goodbye to Everyone.

Christina Wensveen

Participant

5 words for SM3: Active, Intentional, Personality, Control, Accepting

Plan for SM3: Gathering: Sit Down with me (EKS) Hello (NR)to sing to individual child Bonding songs: Swimming Together (EKS) Movement song: My brand new friend, Instrument song: We are making music, Songs about me: That all makes me (EKS) Movement song: The leaves are falling (EKS) Closing: Time to go (EKS)

5 words for SMFamilies: Cooperation, social play, support, sharing, interacting

Plan for SMF: Hey Everybody (EKS) Hey, ho, hello song to greet each child, Bonding songs: Wiggly Jiggly Car (EKS) Songs about me: All of this makes me (EKS) Instrument Songs: I like this song (EKS) Movement songs: I can move around( EKS) Closing: It’s time to say goodbye (EKS) Thanks very much(EKS)

Kasey Sollenberger

Participant

5 Words to Describe Family Sprouts: cooperation, gleeful, adapting, structured, personality

5 Words to Describe Sprouting Melodies 3: control, creativity, learning, purposeful, moody

Family Sprouts Session: Gathering: Come and Join the Circle, Greeting:Hello Everybody (KS), Bonding: Row It Faster, Songs About Me: All of This is Me, Instrument: I Like This Song, You and Me Makes We, Movement: I Can Move Around (really like this one!), Goodbye: Music is Finished (KS), Thank You Very Much.

Sprouting Melodies 3 Session: Gathering: Gather ‘Round, Greeting: Hello Everybody (KS) Bonding: Swimming, Jumping Up and Down, Songs About Me: From Head to Toe Instrument: You Play a Little, Music is the Way, Movement: Will you Come? Goodbye: Music is Finished (KS)

Kathryn Costanza

Participant

5 words to describe SM 3: Active movement, Emotions, Support for the parents, Creative, Deliberate

5 words to describe Family Sprouts: Individuality, Helping, Busy, Joyful, Cooperation

Session plan for SM 3:
      Gathering/Greeting: “Good Morning” as an orientation song to the time of day and to give the little ones an opportunity to understand that music is starting, “Come and Join the Circle” (EKS) as a structured activity and to warm up the parents for participation w/o singing and orienting to social interaction, “Gather Round” for imitation.
      Bonding: “Wiggly Jiggly Car” and “Hold of Tight!” (EKS) for some sensory stimulation, “Next to Me” (EKS) for orientation to peers and social interaction, “How Do You Do and Shake Hands” (EKS) for facilitating physical social interaction as well as imitation,
      Songs About Me: “I Have A Space Around Me” (EKS) to orient the children to both personal space and body parts, “Watch Me Go” (EKS) for more movement an body part orientation,
      Instruments: “Do You Want to Play?” (EKS) for conversational initiation and to help with the transition to pass out instruments, “Jingle Up. Jingle Down” (EKS) for very basic one step direction play for those children able to attend to the activity, “It’s Your Turn” (EKS) to facilitate that social interaction and reciprocal turn taking,
      Movement Songs: “Can You Follow?” (EKS) to start standing up and hopefully start with a firm structure to the wandering and movement, “Pick Your Hands Up High” (EKS) for movement while standing, but not walking or marching, “All Kinds of People” (EKS) for more marching and moving while pairing specific movements to the scat-like moments in the song, “Come Gather Together” (EKS) to transition back into circle time for the cool-down and goodbye.
      Goodbye: “Music is the Way” without instruments as a cool-down and cuddle song with parents, “Thank You Very Much” (EKS) as a social goodbye, “Music Time is Over” (EKS) as the official goodbye song to transition out of the session.

Session plan for Family Sprouts:
      Gathering/Greeting: “Hello, Hello, Hello” (Nordoff-Robbins) to introduce everyone with names, “Hey, Hey Come and Play” to start actively moving, following one step directions, and imitating, “Come Gather Together” giving older children the opportunity to sing, but also giving the younger children an opportunity to actively listen and sway with mom or dad.
      Bonding: “Row It Faster” and “Hold on Tight” for any older siblings or children to “help” facilitate by modeling, singing, or moving the other children in the group, “My Brand New Friend” to facilitate modeling and social interaction with younger children situated on parent’s laps and older children standing in front of the younger children to model the jump and move around the circle.
      Songs About Me: “Who’s That?” to establish a sense of self for both older and younger participants, “Can You See Me” for older children and parents to facilitate for the little ones, “All of This is Me” to provide modeling opportunities for the older children,
      Instruments: “Listen to the Sound of My Drum” providing more difficult rhythmic patterns for the older children to follow while keeping the rhythmic expectation consistent for the little ones, “Dorian Dance” so every child can play an individual instrument, but there are more difficult directions to follow for the older children, “I Can Move Around” giving older children the opportunity to continue playing instruments and giving younger children the opportunity to feel their bodies move in time with the music and mimic any sounds being made.
      Movement: “I Feel the Beat” provides a concrete structure for a variety of movements that can be individually given to each child based on their ability and developmental stage (4 year old gets to jump, 6 month old bounces in mom’s lap), “The Leaves are Falling” for the older children to move and the younger children to potentially watch scarves as they fall and are thrown,
      Goodbye: “Music is the Way” without instruments for cuddle time and bonding with parents, “Thank you Very Much” for the older children to understand manners and shake hands with peers, “Music Time is Over” for a concrete transition out of the music session.

Jonni Fogerty

Participant

Five words SM3: adventurous, performing, flexibility, growth, independence

Five words Family Sprouts: variety, cooperation, inclusive, social, sharing

SM3 Plan: Gathering Song: Hello Everybody; Bonding: Hold On Tight (EKS); Songs About Me: Watch Me Go (EKS); Instrument: I Like This Song (EKS); Movement: Will You Come (EKS); Goodbye: Time to Go (EKS)

Family Sprouts Plan: Gathering: I’m Glad You’re Here; Bonding: Hold on Tight; Songs About Me: Who’s That?; Instrument Songs: Dancing in the Middle; Movement Songs: Can You Follow?; Goodbye: It’s Time to Say Goodbye.

Nicole Sanabria

Participant

5 words to describe SM3: Accepting, Intentional, Active, Emotions, and Creative
      5 words to describe Family Sprouts: Cooperation, Connections, Helping, Sharing, and Support

Session plan for SM3: Gathering: Sit Down with Me (EKS), Greeting: Hello, Hello (NR), Bonding: My Brand New Friend (EKS), Songs About Me: That All Makes Up Me (EKS), Instrument Song: All Night! All Day!(EKS), I Can Move Around (EKS), Movement Songs: Clickety Clack (EKS), Goodbye: Thank You Very Much (EKS)

Session plan for Family Sprouts: Gathering: Hey Everybody Come and Join Me… (EKS), Greeting: Hello, Hello (NR) Movement Songs: Can You Follow? (EKS), Clickety Clack (EKS), Instrument Songs: I Like This Song (EKS), You and Me Makes We, Songs About Me: Can You See Me? (EKS), Goodbye: Music Time Is Over (EKS).

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content