Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3.

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – January 2015 Week 8 Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3. Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Family Sprouts. Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in a Sprouting Melodies 3 session and Family Sprouts sessions.

Jessica Bogacik

Participant

5 Words for SM 3:
      – Imagination
      – Independence
      – Creativity
      – Learning
      – Movement

5 Words for Family Sprouts:
      – Dynamic
      – Adaptable
      – Creative
      – Togetherness
      – Bonding

SM 3 Plan:
      – Hello Song
      – Gather ‘Round (This song is so unique and I loved it!)
      – My Brand New Friend (Encouraging the movement from bonding with parents to bonding with another child, and moving into the circle, away from parent)
      – You Play a Little (Again, encouraging that bonding and interaction with another child, and learning about taking turns)
      – Will You Come? (Asking children for their suggestions for movements, supporting their creativity)
      – A Book – I loved the suggestions in this video, and would love to learn about some more books!
      – Goodbye Song

Family Sprouts Plan:
      – Hello Song
      – Come and Join the Circle (Bringing everyone together and into the group, encouraging older sibs to help out the younger ones)
      – Hold On Tight (Maybe older sib can give the younger sib a lap ride, or, as Meredith suggests, positioning older sib closest to parent with younger sib in front)
      – I Like This Song (With a large variety of instruments available for the older and younger children that may attend)
      – I Can Move Around (Adapting so younger children are observing or just beginning to move, and older children can exercise creativity in suggesting new ways to move)
      – All of This Is Me (Older sibs help younger sibs point out body parts)
      – Goodbye Song

Leigh Ann Walberg

Participant

5 Words for SM 3: Learning, Growing, Personality, Tantrums, Push and Pull
      5 Words for Family Sprouts: Bonding, joint play, joyful, individuality, cooperation

SM3 Plan: Gathering: Sit Down with Me and then Gather Round with hands/knees/feet, Sing My Brand New Friends and use scarves, have them find “new” friends in circle, Introduce a book like Hand Hand Fingers Thumb and do with a chant and teach them repeated line, You play a little as therapist walks around with drum, The Leaves Go Down with scarves, Goodbye song

Family Spouts Plan: Hey Everybody to gather them, Hold On Tight, All of This is Me, You and Me Makes…We with sibling, I can move around and end with goodbye song

Linda Madler

Participant

Five words for SM3: personality, creative, accepting, emotions, push and pull
      Five words for Family Sprouts: joyful, sharing, cooperative, busy, support

SM3 Plan:
      Gathering: Sit Down With Me
      Bonding: My Brand New Friend (I like the structure of the song–changing partners, parents modeling. For shy children, this would feel safe because parents are there and the song is brief.)
      Me: Where is the Music?
      Instrument Play: Music is the Way (seems like a nice way to take it down a little after “Where is the Music?”)
      Movement: Will You Come?
      Good-bye: Thank You Very Much

Family Sprouts Plan:
      Gathering-Come and Join the Circle
      Bonding–Hold On Tight (I liked the note about positioning the family–parent, older child, younger sibling. What a special way to bond as a family. I remember holding younger siblings when I was little–how special and grown up I felt.)
      Song About Me: I missed the title, but it was the one that was demonstrated in a minor key–“From my head to my toes…” (I liked the older child pointing the body parts on the little child but then having a chance to do it quickly and show off.
      Instrument: I Like This Song. (I was thinking about how the older child may have participated in this song as a baby and how much he/she might like to sing and share it with sibling.)
      Movement: I Can Move Around. (I like that older sibling has a chance to show off. In my mixed-age groups, I sometimes take the younger child if they are comfortable coming to me so that the older child gets needed time with parent.)
      Goodbye: It’s Time to Say Good-Bye

Amanda Goff

Participant

5 WORDS SM3: 1) Independence, 2) Purposeful, 3) Choices, 4) Social, 5) Modeling

5 WORDS FAMILY SPROUTS: 1) Exploration, 2) Guidance, 3) Excitement, 4) Family, 5) Interaction

Session Plan SM3:

Greeting~ Sit down with Me
      Bonding~ My Brand New Friend
      Songs About Me~ Watch Me Go
      Instrument~ You Play A Little
      Movement~ Jumping Up and Jumping Down
      Goodbye~ Thank You Very Much

Session Plan Family Sprouts:

Greeting~ Come and Join the Circle
      Bonding~ Hold on Tight
      Songs About Me~ Who’s That?
      Instrument~ Dancing in the Middle
      Movement~ Can You Follow?
      Goodbye~ Thank You Very Much

Mikhala Majeau

Participant

5 Words for SM 3: – active, emotions, personality, push and pull, strong

5 Words for Family Sprouts: busy, support, joyful, connections, cooperation

SM 3 Plan: – Hello: Sit Down With Me, Bonding: My Brand New Friend and Swimming Together, Songs about Me: from Head to Toe and Where is the Music, Instrument Song: You Play a Little, Movement Song:- We are the Dinosaurs-Laurie Berkner, Cool down- Music is the Way Goodbye- Music Time is Over, Thank You for the Music

Family Sprouts Plan: – Hello: Hey Everybody, Bonding: Hold on Tight, Songs about Me: All of This is Me, Instrument: Dancing in the Middle, Movement: Will You Come and I Can Move Around. Cool Down: book song Goodbye: Music Time is Over, Thank You for the Music

Natalie Condon

Participant

5 Words for SM 3:Independence, Energetic, Choice-Making, Peer-Bonding, Individuality

5 Words for Family Sprouts: Bonding, Supportive, Diverse, Understanding, Turn-Taking

SM 3 Plan: Hello: “Sit Down and Join My Circle”, Bonding Song: “Swimming Together”, Songs About Me: Where is the Music?” (I thought chanting was a great way to get parents participating when they are too shy to sing), Instrument Song: “You Play A Little”, Movement Song: “Will You Come?” march, run, jump, Goodbye: “Thank You Very Much”.

SM Family Plan: Hello Song, Gathering: “Hey Everybody”, Bonding Song: “Hold On Tight” (this is a new favorite song of mine and gets stuck in my head daily), Songs about me: “All of this is me”, Instrument Song: “I Like this Song”, Movement Song: “I Can Move Around”, Goodbye: “It’s Time To Say Goodbye”, Transition them out.

Melissa Hentges

Participant

5 Words for SM3: Experiment, Dynamic, Choice, Flexible, Expand

5 Words for Family Sprouts: Together, Diverse, Bonding, Cooperative, Energy

SM3 Plan: Gathering song – Gather Round; Bonding song – My Brand New Friend; Songs about me – Where Is the Music?; Instrument songs – Music is the Way (I love the use of pentatonic scales!); Movement songs – Jumping Up and Jumping Down; Goodbye song – Thank You Very Much

Family Sprouts Plan: Gathering song – Hey Everybody; Bonding song – Row It Faster (older children can participate in lap ride or do movements independently); Songs about me – All of This is Me; Instrument song – Dancing in the Middle; Movement song – Will You Come?; Goodbye – It’s Time to Say Goodbye

Michelle Nettle

Participant

5 Words for SM 3: – Intentional – Emotions – Creative – Active – Accepting

5 Words for Family Sprouts: – Sharing – Connections – Cooperation – Joyful – Helping

SM 3 Plan: – Hello Song – I’m Glad You’re Here Today –Bonding Song- My Brand New Friend – Songs About Me- Where is the Music?– Instrument Songs- You Play a Little-Movement Songs-Will You Come? – Goodbye Song-Time to Go

Family Sprouts Plan: – Hello Song – Hey Everybody- Bonding Song- Hold On Tight – Songs About Me- All of this is me-instrument Song- I like This Song -Movement Song-I can move around- Goodbye Song- It’s Time to Say Goodbye w/scarves

Robyn Rutland-Coleman

Participant

5 words for Sprouting Melodies 3: active, affirming, flexible, feelings, purposeful

5 words for Family Sprouts: Helping, uniqueness, connecting, joyful, cooperation

Sprouting Melodies 3 plan: 1) Gathering/Greeting – Sit Down with Me; 2) Bonding – Hold on Tight, My Brand New Friend; 3) Songs About Me – That All Makes Up Me; Book – Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb; 4) Instruments – You Play a Little with resonator bells; 5) Movement – Will You Come?; 6) Goodbye: Music Time Is Over.

Family Sprouts plan: 1) Gathering/Greeting – Come and Join the Circle; 2) Bonding – Wiggly Jiggly Car; 3) Songs About Me – That All Makes Up Me; 4) Instruments – I Like this Song; 5) Movement – Can You Follow?, Clickety Clack; 6) Goodbye – Thank You Very Much

Steven Clarke

Participant

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies® 3

Concrete. Purposeful. Decisions. Identifying. Expressive.

Use 5 words to describe the music experiences in Family Sprouts

Diverse. Kindred. Shared. Unique. Cooperation.

Create a plan for songs and music experiences to use in a Sprouting Melodies® 3 session and Family Sprouts sessions

Gathering/Hello Song: “Everybody’s Here” – Group members sing hello as a group and to peers one at a time.

Bonding Song: “Together with my Friends” – Participants hold hands and move in a circle while singing.

Movement Song: “The Wind is Blowing” – Group follows facilitated movements by MT while chanting.

Instrument Song: “We Can Play the Drum Together” – Children take turns playing on a gathering drum and inviting a peer to play with them.

Songs About Me: “Me, Everything I am is Me” Group sings a song together about the importance and uniqueness of being “Me.”

Good Bye Song: “Thank you for the Music” – Participants thank one another for sharing music experiences together.

Jamie Sacca

Participant

I’m finally catching up!!

Sprouting melodies 3: active, independence, social, emotive, interactive

Family sprouts: bonding, supportive, varied, playful, sharing

Class plans:

Sprouting melodies 3: greeting- sit down with me (gathering using rhythmic structure)
      Bonding songs: my brand new friend (using scarf to hold between, encourage social interactions)
      Songs about me: where is the music (with rhythmic tapping)
      Instrument songs: drum sharing with you play a little (social skills, sharing)
      Movement songs: will you come (social skills, functional language)
      Goodbye song: thank you very much

Family sprouts: greeting: hey everybody (rhythm for gathering)
      Bonding songs: wiggly jiggly car or hold on tight (with siblings and parents bonding)
      Songs about me: all of this is me (commonality of features/body, bonding)
      Instrument songs: music is the way
      Movement songs: I can move around
      Goodbye song: music time is over

Lauren Servos

Participant

Sprouting Melodies 3: active, personality, expression, creative, social

Family Sprouts: joyful, love, individuality, sharing, bonding

Sprouting Melodies 3: Hello Everybody, My Brand New Friend, Where Is The Music?, I Like This Song, Will You Come, Thank You Very Much.

Family Sprouts: I’m Glad You’re Here Today, Wiggly Jiggly Car, all of This Is Me, Dancing in the Middle, I Can Move Around, Music Time is Over

P.S. I love all of these original songs, Beth! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

Kayla Hamilton

Participant

SM 3: Personality, social, expressive, independent, push and pull

Family Sprouts: bonding, unique, mutual, modeling, cooperative

SM 3 Plan: 1) hello- Sit Down and Join My Circle 2) bonding- My New Friend 3) songs about me- Where is the Music? 4) movement song- Jumping Up and Jumping Down 5) instrument song- In My Little Hands 6)good-bye- Thank You Very Much

Family Sprouts Plan: 1)hello- Are You Ready for Music 2)bonding- Row it Faster 3) songs about me- Where is the Music? 4)movement-The Leaves are Falling 5)instrument song- All Night! All Day! 6) good-bye- Thank You Very Much

Kathy Odenkirk

Participant

5 Words to describe the music experiences in Sprouting Melodies 3 — Creative, Personality, Active, Emotions, and Intentional

5 Words to describe the music experiences in Family Sprouts — Cooperation, Sharing, Individuality, Busy, Joyful

Plan for Sprouting Melodies 3 Class:
      Gathering/Greeting Song — Who Came to Music Today? (an original activity)
      Bonding Song — My Brand New Friend (EKS) with parents or other children
      Songs About Me — Where is the Music? (EKS)
      Instrument Song — You Play a Little (EKs) OR the book “Hand, Hand, Finger, Thumb” (I’ve used this book for years
      my preschool music therapy clients)
      Movement Song — Will You Come? (EKS)
      Goodbye — Time to Say Goodbye (a goodbye song I use with my preschoolers)

Plan for Family Sprouts Class:
      Gathering/Greeting Song — Hey Everybody (EKS)
      Bonding Song — Row it Faster (EKS) Older kids can help younger kids if appropriate
      Songs About Me — Can You See Me? (EKS)
      Instrument Song — a stop and go or freeze type song (parents can help younger siblings using hand over hand, etc)
      Movement Song — I Can Move Around (EKS)
      Goodbye — Time to Say Goodbye (a goodbye song I use with my preschoolers, can be adapted to younger
      children)

Amanda Barnett

Participant

5 words
      SM3: independence, creativity, play, social, intentional
      FS: bonding, love, family, fun, unifying

Plans:
      SM3: (Greeting) Sit down with me. (Bonding Song) Hold on tight -this one is super cute & fun (Songs about me) Where is the music? (instrument Song) You play a little. (movement song) Will you come? -it’s spring time & 70+ degrees here so the leaves songs wouldn’t be appropriate at the moment (goodbye) time to go

FS: (gathering) come join the circle (bonding) wiggly jiggly car -as much as my daughter loves this song I can only imagine parents sharing the joy with a child on each leg or an older sibling helping the younger to enjoy this song- (songs about me) all of this is me (instrument song) music is the way (movement song) will you come? (Goodbye) music time is over

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content