Week 1

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Claudia Eliaza

Participant

Hi everyone,

My name is Claudia and I live in Boston MA where I direct a music therapy program. I am especially interested in Sprouting Melodies because of the overwhelming evidence that speaks to the positive effects of Early Intervention and Early Childhood music programs. I have run a number of music programs for kids over the years, and I am always moved by how capable babies and toddlers are in music. I have also seen the ways in which the music helps to bring families together. The bonding and connection that can happen within a song has always felt like sheer magic to me. And in a society where many have become music consumers rather than music makers, I want help babies and their grownups find their music. I am really looking forward to learning and growing in this community.

I love what you said here about our society having become more music consumers than music makers– so true. I also am inspired by the ways that music can bring families together, which is why part of my mission statement of my business to create ‘connection’– it’s always been one of my favorite parts of the work we do as music therapists. 🙂 I look forward to learning with you!

Jen Hinton

Participant

Hi Claudia! Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to hearing more about your work and growing together! Jen

Anonymous

Inactive

Hi,

I am the training Moderator. Welcome and thank you for introducing yourself. In the coming weeks please answer forum topic questions in the Topics created by Meredith. It is difficult for everyone and myself to keep track of everyone’s submissions if there are multiple topics. Thank you!

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

Welcome, Claudia. I’ve always been fascinated by the unique way that music allows people to bond. One of the courses that we hope to offer through Raising Harmony in the future is about the key musical qualities present in attachment and bonding.
      Beth
      PS. As Erika mentioned, please use the created topics for discussions, it makes it easier to keep track as the weeks go by.

Meredith Pizzi

Welcome, Claudia! It is wonderful to have another Bostonian in our training! I am so glad you were able to join us for this course. I look forward to journeying with you over the coming weeks!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content