Week 1

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Julia Park

Participant

I am very excited to begin this journey with everyone. My name is Julia Park from the rocket city, Huntsville, Alabama and I recently had a baby girl named Amelia. She is the reason why I decided to do sprouting melodies so that I could have my daughter in my program. I am so happy to even think about my daughter in my class where she can see me as a professional who is teaching her, her tiny friends and their families how to have fun and learn in fun, engaging and supportive ways.

Before I got married and had my first child, l worked mainly with children with autism spectrum disorder(ASD) and social communication disorder (SCD). I started my master’s program in marriage and family therapy in 2013 and expanded my practice working with children and youth at risk. I then left music therapy for two years while I was working on my licensure in marriage and family

When my daughter came into my life, I have decided to do what works for my family. I want to do something that is beneficial to my family in positive and supporitive settings. I am very eager to learn more about early childhood development so that I can support my daughter during her physical and emotional transitions and as a by product, help and support the new parents and their children in their transitions.

Thank you everyone and looking forward to hear about your stories.

Best,

Julia

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content