Week 2

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Lisa Spall

Participant

1. What was your most valuable take away from this week’s content?

I have a copy of this presentation and I use it a lot to keep the information fresh.. It was good mental practice to hear it again with the listening content. I was able to sit and really think about this information and how it pertains to other courses and theories of development I’ve studied. I began to think of Erikson’s Psychosocial theory of Development and how these sections fit in and coincide with it. I really value maintaining my knowledge of this subject, since many of the children and adolescents I work with have developmental disabilities and this will continue to be vital information in assessing them. I definitely plan on using this information to look at their abilities with more insight.

2. Post to the board a reflection of what you personally will bring to early childhood music therapy based programs and how this information will support your work as a music therapist.

What was great about listening to the age groups and examples of their actions was that I kept thinking of scenarios in my former Sprouting Melodies classes where these examples applied and was able to visualize the age and developmental level I witnessed. It’s really good to have those experiences in the back of my mind while studying. I think this will help me continue to work well in early childhood. I can visualize what “normal” development is and what many aspects I will be looking for in cases of developmental disability. This information will help me continue to look at a child’s entire development in more ways, which will definitely make me a better music therapist.

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

Glad you mentioned Erikson’s work, Lisa. I took a look at many of the developmental theorists when I was putting this framework together.
      Did you get a copy of “Music, Therapy and Early Childhood”?

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

Just a reminder, Lisa. Next week, please try to post in the topics that are already created. It makes it easier to keep up with everything and comment on each other’s posts. You can read the thread that I start and at the bottom, type your comment in the box. Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content