What kind and brand of instruments are you using?

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies – January 2022 Week 7 What kind and brand of instruments are you using?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous

Inactive

What kind and brand of instruments are you using in your groups with children of this developmental level?

Be sure to come back and respond to others as well.

Aliza Llovet

Participant

I am currently not facilitating groups but when working with individuals at this age I have been using more of the materials that the family may have at home. I work in a primarily low socioeconomic area and showing ways that the family could still engage in music making with every day items has really increased the family’s confidence and creativity and amount of music making.

Anne Reed

Participant

In our Center we have chiquita maracas, egg shakers, Remo drums of various sizes, frame drums, wrist bells- probably form Rhythm Band, Mano percussion animal shaped hand bells and frog maracas (various colors), mini triangles, melody bell sets, finger cymbals, lollipop drums, etc.

Amy Brownell

Participant

The instruments that I use with my clients are mostly provided by my private practice. The majority of our instruments have come from West Music and Remo – these brands are known to be durable and reliable, which is important when working with young children (instruments that break easily can be a safety hazard). I have found that children in this developmental level love chiquitas – they are just the right size and offer a small handle. I have used the gathering drum, which they have crawled right up to and played. Our practice also has several actual baby toys and rattles which we use to give the children some familiarity with the instruments.

Emily Fabian

Participant

In my classroom:
      Remo percussion (hand drums, tambourines, ocean drums, gathering drums)
      Various maracas, egg shakers, clackers (brands unknown)
      RBI, Studio 49, Suzuki (orff-xylophones, metalaphones, glockenspiels)
      Mallets and rhythm sticks (brands unknown)

Jessica Gelineau

Participant

I typically use the brands Remo and West Music. I find these brands high quality, durable, I enjoy the timbre, and I feel as though they are visually and aesthetically appealing to clients as well.

Hannah Floyd

Participant

I am very thankful that at my work we have many instruments. Some of these are egg shakers, Remo drums, hand bells, triangles, finger cymbals, lollipop drums, small tambourines, mascaras, Suzuki xylophones and frame drums. These are the ones that come to mind.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content