What kind and brand of instruments are you using?

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies – January 2023 Week 7 What kind and brand of instruments are you using?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Julie Palmieri

Participant

What kind and brand of instruments are you using in your groups with children of this developmental level?

Sean FitzGerald

Participant

Right now when I work with younger students I utilize maracas, wrist bells, cabasas, frame drums, paddle drums, gathering drums, and scarves. I am not sure of the brands of all of the instruments but it seems pretty standard in general as far as instruments go! For my guitar I use a Cordoba classical guitar because the nylon strings are less harsh to interact with for the students and I don’t use a pick when playing it which gives me more flexibility with what I am doing as well!

Angie Snell

Participant

I have a nylon string guitar that has such a nice sound.

Jorden Liteplo

Participant

I am using remo egg shakers. I had little ones with handles but it turned out there was a seam at the bottom and after multiple washes it started leaking mold (EW!) I also have some Halilet bells that I had to order from the UK because they only sell them in kits here ( which is how I got my first one). I like that the circle shape encloses the bells so I don’t worry about them detaching, and they are easy to hold for those working on grasping skills and lightweight so tiny babies don’t hit themselves in the face accidently. I have some small scarves that I use and a bunch on tiny djembes of varying brands. I’ve been considering frame drums but I really like that the skin is replaceable on the djembes. For this age group I also have a toy guitar I place on the floor for any babies getting too fixated on my guitar. It doesn’t hold a tune worth crap but it does give them something safe to explore that doesn’t affect my facilitation.

Leah Strand

Participant

I think investing in drums where the drum head is replaceable would be wonderful in the long run as well compared to other types of drums.

Kayla Stubblefield

Participant

I am currently using egg shakers, maracas, hand bells, small drums with mallets, gathering drums, and scarves. I am unsure of the particular brand as I am not near my instruments at the moment!

Leah Strand

Participant

I use egg shakers, hand drums, maracas, hand bells and scarves. I now some of my instruments are remo but the her ones I am not sure of as they too are somewhere where I am not at the moment.

Angie Snell

Participant

Most of the instruments I use are from Remo and West Music. My basics include chiquita maracas, textured egg shakers, scarves, paddle drums and frame drums, and a gathering drum. I like to also have different texture-sounding instruments such as a guiro or frog guiro, rain sticks, and a large piece of fabric that you can see through.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content