What kind and brand of instruments are you using?

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies – June 2023 Week 7 What kind and brand of instruments are you using?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Julie Palmieri

Participant

What kind and brand of instruments are you using in your groups with children of this developmental level?

Sarah Braverman

Participant

I work with kids in this developmental level when I do music therapy at the children’s museum in Rochester called “SPARK”. I use basic beat egg shakers because they are easy for the children to grasp and play.

Talia Morales

Participant

I use instruments that are sturdy, colorful, can be cleaned well and often- withstand an on-going sanitizing regimen. I like to use Remo brand due to the high quality of sound and characteristics i mentioned above.

Julie Palmieri

Participant

What kind and brand of instruments are you using in your groups with children of this developmental level?

Using instruments that are easy to use and grasp. Pleasurable sound.

Easily sanitized instruments. Children at this age are still exploring with their mouths – so using instruments that are safe for the under 3 crowd is best.

I love using Remo drums (gathering drums, lollipop drums, sound shapes, etc.) – they are brightly designed and have a great resonant sound.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content