What value do music therapists provide to young families?

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies – Sept 2021 Week 4 What value do music therapists provide to young families?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous

Inactive

What value do music therapists provide to young families?  Contribute on the forum.

Rachel Sedmak

Participant

Music therapists can provide families with knowledge about child development and music, which can be an incredible tool. We can teach families how to incorporate music into daily life, making it easier to communicate with their small children, and also how to use music to help their child learn about the world around them.

Favor Chujor

Participant

Music therapy can be a tangible way for families to explore intangible concepts in a safe and accessible way. Within music therapy, families can interact with their young child in a way that is developmentally appropriate and assists in the child understanding the world around them.

Erika Svolos

It is a pleasure to read all of your insights.

Mikelia Wallace

Participant

Because we have a specific understanding of musical and childhood development, we can catch onto musical behaviors that those without our training may not. Through this understanding of musicality, we can encourage music making for the kiddo and help them to develop and follow through the developmental steps presented prior.

Amy Berggren

Participant

We can notice and interpret musical behaviors that others may not pick up on. We also have the ability to educate families on development and how they can use music to aid in development. One of my favorite things is that we can use music to help strengthen the relationships between children and their close family members.

Sophia Paravalos

Participant

I believe that music therapists provide the ability for parents to see the growth of their children from a new perspective. Music lives in every child and the ability to facilitate activities that allow the music in that child to come out and support their development can be something very valuable to a families relationship with their child’s development. Music is also a very strong tool for bonding and togetherness which helps to build stronger relationships between caregivers and child.

Erik Hylan

Participant

I think that as music therapists we can provide education and insight on development that is unique from what they experience on a day to day basis. We can supply tools that they can use to communicate with and support their children. I feel like the space that we allow children to explore in can also draw in caregivers and parents to create an experience that everyone is a part of.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content