Where will you go from here? How will this training impact your work as a music therapist?

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – September 2013 Week Ten Where will you go from here? How will this training impact your work as a music therapist?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

Meredith Pizzi

Keymaster

Keeley St Clair

Participant

I am excited to see where this program can lead my practice. I keep coming back to the point that Meredith and Elizabeth made in the video – that Sprouting Melodies will grow your practice and vice versa. As I am able to work in the community of early childhood and make connections with the families and sites, I can see the possibility of easily continuing to grow my practice.
      I know that I am much more well-informed about child development and developmentally designed music that I was when I began the course. I’ll continue to read and practice, compose and polish – but I feel that I have a good base to leap from and will be supported by the Sprouting Melodies community as I do so.
      Thank you very much for this great training!

Stacy Reno

Participant

Keely, I agree with your excitement! I feel more confident and knowledgeable from this course. I am already implementing what I have learned and have ideas as to what I would like to do in future groups. I feel well informed about Sprouting Melodies and can spread the word about the quality level of the program. I will also encourage other MT’s to take this training. Your (Beth and Meredith) passion is contagious and I am so glad you are sharing it!

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

Thanks, Keeley and Stacy. We will soon be offering other courses and trainings through Raising Harmony, and if there are any topics that you want to see, please let us know.

Coleen Shanagher

Participant

First of all I want to say thank you so much to everyone for being a part of this process with me! It has been so wonderful. I think this will impact my work as a music therapist because it has taught me to look even more specifically, at a level based on development. And obviously this goes for all ages and developmental levels. I have also learned to seek out what the typical developmental milestones are for EVERY client. I think by doing so I will be able to appreciate the details of each action of a client, which will help me to move further in my work and avoid burning out.

Toni

Participant

I am sure that by becoming a SM provider, my practice will continue to grow, and I thank Beth and Meredith both for this opportunity. I have gone from providing MT exclusively to schools to providing services to other facilities in the community (Nursing homes) and accepting private clients. Beginning a SM program will take my business to the next level of serving the *community* by helping to strengthen family and community bonds, unifying diverse groups together as they become music makers.

Lauren Stoner

Participant

I wanted to start by saying I enjoyed the conference call. It was nice to hear from other people going through this program and hear the passion from the whole group. It was also nice to put a voice to the people going through the program. Even if you were unable to make the conference call, I want to thank everyone who has gone through this process, I have really enjoyed reading your insightful comments and ideas. Many of them made me think of new ways to look at things. I would also like to take this time to thank Meredith, Beth, and Erika. I appreciate that this program is available and the knowledge that I have gained from this is irreplaceable.

“Where will you go from here? How will this training impact your work as a music therapist?”
      This is an interesting question, because I feel like this course has already impacted my work as a music therapist and has opened my eyes to new ways to help and give to the community. I will miss the training, as I enjoyed learning the songs, being playful, and seeing things from the children’s point of view. However, this excitement and perspective will continue as I move forward in my work.

Petra Paukova

Participant

I love working with children. I am sure I will use a lot of what I have learned here. I am glad I have more knowledge and understanding about early childhood and music now. I am building my private practice right now. It will probably take me a while to get established, but it will all work out. Thank you Meredith and Elizabeth for great course and insight into this topic. I feel I can help many parents and their children now to enjoy each other and music. 🙂

Kathryn Opher

Participant

Where will I go from here. I train a lot of interns and teach a child skills class. I will refer folks to you as this is a grounded training with lots of information. I have enjoyed watching you all grow through this process.

Erin Spring

Participant

I am SO EXCITED about all the possibilities that could come from Sprouting Melodies in my business. There are so many ways to apply this program. I would love to develop library contracts with it and develop and good intergenerational program between preschools and nursing homes with Senior Sprouts. The possibilities just seem endless. I think this training will impact my work as a business owner as I market and start Sprouting Melodies services, and it was also a great refresher of child development and music development that will help me in my work as a professor and supervisor.

Shannon Kiley

Participant

I won’t be going anywhere dramatically different, but my journey has been strengthened and supported and will continue to be strengthened and supported through this training! I can’t wait to start providing SM groups and becoming more involved in the nurturing of the “little honeys” in my community. The training has already positively impacted how I work with my PreK groups; understanding the developmental levels of children has been vital in improving the precision of my targeted interventions. When a child is having difficulty in music group, I’m now able to step back and effectively answer the question, “Am I asking them to do a developmentally appropriate task?” and therefore pinpoint special needs easier.

Sarah Tree

Participant

I’m excited to start providing SM classes for Meredith’s business this January. I think this training has helped to broaden my knowledge and understanding of development for young children, and helped me to understand some ways in which I can support the parents within the classes and in the community. I’m very excited that Roman Music Therapy is focused upon community support and families, as I’ve felt very strongly that this aspect was missing from my previous clinical experiences. Being that I just moved to this area, I’m excited for the opportunity that these classes provide me to become a valued member of this community.

Jennifer Sokira

Participant

I am excited to seeing our vision of Sprouting Melodies expand in our area and help our practice grow and meet the needs of our communities. I am also excited to see what Meredith and Beth will offer next, I think this is a really nice addition to our field of music therapy! With regard to my own practice, it has given me the opportunity to deepen my knowledge of development and consider it’s importance within all of the work I do, and not just in early childhood!

Kehlen Bushatz

Participant

I agree with a lot of what Shannon said… I won’t be doing things dramatically different but I feel like my background and understanding of early childhood music therapy was been strengthened. I have a better understanding of the developmental levels and how to better differentiate between different abilities.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content