Wiggly Jiggly experience

Home Forums Sprouting Melodies Training – January 2013 Week 5 Wiggly Jiggly experience

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Angie Carter

Participant

I need to share…completely off topic!

Yesterday I walked into a family’s home and should have listened to the alarm going off in my head. Mom noted that Dad was home, but was not feeling well and would remain in the bedroom. The other 4 members of the family (including 18 mos twin girls that I was there to work with) had experienced the stomach flu over the weekend. I almost dismissed myself, but decided I had not been sick yet this year and this could be a good test.

The session began. One little girl was not looking well, but it was 8:30 in the morning and Mom noted that she was tired. Following a rousing rendition of “Hey Hey”, I took one girl in my lap while Mom took the other little girl. I thought “Wiggly Jiggly” would be a great way to wake the girls up a bit. They both like the song! The girl on my lap stated “all done” after the first round, but my knowing best and wanting the extend the activity said “one more time” knowing that I should do it atleast 3 times. Following the second time I placed her back in her seat. She then proceeded to vomit ALL OVER me…..4 times!!!!!!

Needless to say, I treated the song a little differently today and also listened a little more closely when a child told me “all done”. I LOVE “Wiggly Jiggly” and even my 9 year olds sing it with me, but that was a little over the top!

Meredith Pizzi

Angie, What a learning experience!!! That is a classic story!
      And isn’t it a great song? Our families love that song! Yesterday I did Wiggly Jiggly in one of Sprouting Melodies 2 groups, and the kids were intitiating “Oh, Oh, Woah!” and the little guy I had on my lap was really controlling his body to move left and right and start the bounce. Such a fun song! I’m going to put in a little plug here for Beth’s song book. If you don’t have it, it is amazing!!! You can order it online at raisingharmony.com/shop for $29 plus shipping and you’ll get 101 awesome songs that you will be able to use in many, many music therapy settings, including Sprouting Melodies.
      Thanks for sharing, Angie!

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

Oh, Angie! This is a story I will remember…and probably repeat. My most memorable “Wiggly Jiggly” story was from a group I had with mostly Dads. One dad was a New York City Policeman, and he really loved “Wiggly Jiggly” and thought He could use it to teach drivers and passengers to keep their seat belts on! Sweet.

Amy DiLabio

Participant

Angie,thanks for sharing this story. It reminds me to listen to the little voice inside my head and to trust that voice. I hope you did not get sick. 🙂

Tamara Strom

Participant

Angie- I hope you didn’t get sick!!!! I am just recovering from that awful stomach bug!!! I picked it up from one of my clients, and was miserably sick Thursday night into Friday! Not fun!!! Just as a heads up, it is contagious for at least three days after symptoms have subsided, so if your clients are sick, cancel for sure!!!!!!!

Angie Carter

Participant

6 days out and did not get sick! I survived that illness exposure…..we all know there will be daily exposures…that one was just a little close for my comfort!

Cindy Humphreys

Participant

Yikes! Glad you didn’t get it. I agree with Meredith, Beth’s songbook is wonderful! I bought it at the AMTA conference and have been using several of the songs regularly and hope to use more of them in Sprouting Melodies!

Elizabeth Schwartz

Keymaster

Thanks, Cindy. Watch your e-mail for a Valentine’s gift coming everyone’s way in the next day or so. 😉

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to content